A query on laptop from USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
K guys here is the thing.

One of my bro's friend is going to USA next week. So we thought on getting one laptop for my bro :D from there.

Here are few questions:
1) Is it possible to get one ?
2) Which one should I recommend (RAM should be within 1GB to 2GB)
3) It would be nice to have XP by default and there shouldn't be stupid OS restriction, means I can install linux on it too:D

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
1) Yes, it possible and if he brings only 1 laptop with him, its free (means no tax)
2) Buy any, recommnd Compaq/HP laptops.
3) You'l probably get Vista home Premium preinstalled in most of the Laptops now (with 1GB RAm)...

Also chk if that model has warrnty/garrnty in india...as if somethings goes wrng, u wudnt like to rush back to US to get it fixed :p

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Question is how much is the budget?

Now most laptops in US have 2GB RAM and windows vista home premium preinstalled.

I would recommend a toshiba, sony vaio or an asus one.

Check www.deals2buy.com for best daily deals.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Dell ftw, you get xbox elite free with 1720.. xps i think.. and 1350,1530 got some 500$ discount..

Pat

Beyond Smart
keep an eye on www.deals2buy.com
You will find some amazing deals. And ofcourse, every person is allowed to carry one laptop when coming to India.

Recommendation for brands: Dell or HP

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
thanx, am thinking abt Dell lappy

will there be guarantee in India for Dell ?

narangz

Web developer
Dell has international warranty. Correct me if I am wrong.

Toshiba is also a very good option. It also has international warranty.

Pat

Beyond Smart
thanx, am thinking abt Dell lappy

will there be guarantee in India for Dell ?

Dell laptops normally carry international warranty. However, its better to confirm before buying.

nice site
do they make overseas delivery?:D

It is a site that lists all the greatest deals available on different stores like newegg, compusa etc. If only those stores shipped to India :(

Last edited:

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
It is a site that lists all the greatest deals available on different stores like newegg, compusa etc. If only those stores shipped to India :(

As long as the laws don't change in India, it is doubtful that amazon, newegg, compusa, buy, circuitcity, bestbuy will ship to India.:mad: :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom