A phone within 8k....please help....

monsursound

Broken In
Well i am a complete idiot when it comes to phones.To give you an idea ...i never had a touch phone yet :p
I want to buy a phone preferably under 8k. My priorities are good display,audio output(through headphones), good camera ,strong rugged build quality, ease of use. It may be Android or Windows ...i really dont care.Any help is appreciated...

H2O

Journeyman
Well i am a complete idiot when it comes to phones.To give you an idea ...i never had a touch phone yet :p
I want to buy a phone preferably under 8k. My priorities are good display,audio output(through headphones), good camera ,strong rugged build quality, ease of use. It may be Android or Windows ...i really dont care.Any help is appreciated...

What would be the main purpose of your mobile? Like, are you a heavy gamer or do you need it for basic features like calling, browsing Internet and Whatsapp etc or do you need it for capturing snaps etc?

OP
M

monsursound

Broken In
What would be the main purpose of your mobile? Like, are you a heavy gamer or do you need it for basic features like calling, browsing Internet and Whatsapp etc or do you need it for capturing snaps etc?

In mathematical terms .... Photography-30%, Music -30%, Gaming - 30%, Web Browsing -10 %

H2O

Journeyman
In mathematical terms .... Photography-30%, Music -30%, Gaming - 30%, Web Browsing -10 %

In that case, agree with Anupam.

Redmi 2 Prime would be the best option for you. However, I am not quite sure about the music aspect of Redmi 2 Prime. Few from here have bought it. Check the forum threads and quote the posts of those who have bought it, to ask them how it is. They will let you know regarding the music output.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
After sales service issue with Xiaomi.

My advice: Asus Zenfone 5 8GB 8.5k
Asus Zenfone 5 Price in India - Buy Asus Zenfone 5 Black 8 Online - Asus : Flipkart.com

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Lumia 640 for 9k. Had the chance to check out the camera of 540, 535 and 640 XL all 3 of which fared better than Sony M4 Dual (priced ~24k) when same resolution was selected.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Being this your first touch phone, Lumia would be a good choice (Though this is a Microsoft device, it still basically is a Nokia). Good solid build quality and one of the better cameras in this price.
I would not suggest Xiaomi only for after sales service and unoptimized software.

$hadow

Geek in making
I am using redmi 2 and can suggest it comfortably. But if you are looking to try something else get L640.

$hadow

Geek in making
My only concern with xiaomi is after sales service...and how is the music output through headphones???

If you are using pistons which in my case I am you can select some preset in sound manager and the SQ is actually pretty amazing but not one m8 amazing.

OP
M

monsursound

Broken In
Ok...so i have zeroed down to Moto e and Lumia 640. Which one should i get and why??? Is it worth paying those Extra 3000 Rs to get L640???

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Moto E2, no questions asked.

if you are extending your budget, then the Moto G3.

The vanilla android experience coupled with quality hardware on moto phones are unparalleled.

why? can you elaborate?

Because of much better hardware & nowadays the build quality is good enough (gone are the days when you had to be careful enough to not drop a micromax or chinese phone)

For example: Redmi 2 is better than Moto E2 in every respect except for brand value (Software is a subjective issue & varies person to person). Redmi 2 has a camera better than even a Nexus 4

By Chinese, I'm refering to companies like Xiaomi, Lenovo, Huawei, Meizu
Indian companies are also good, Micromax, Lava n all

Top Bottom