A new rig within 35k to 40k (excluding GPU)

debarshi

Otaku
Please, if possible, suggest a better rig

Thanks in advance :)

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: HD Movies, Games like BF3 in an acceptable resolution (1600*900), MoH Warfighter

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 35k TO 42k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit (Gonna update to Windows 8) and Ubuntu 12.04 dualboot.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No, I have Dell 2030M (1600*900)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: These are the components I already have (salvage from my previous rig)

HDD (WD Caviar Blue 1 TB)
Monitor (Dell 2030M)
Graphics Card - Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5,
Optical Drive - LG DVD writer
Heatsink - Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: End November, 2012

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes, this is my 3rd rig

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Durgapur (167 km from Kolkata). Online is the only option.... If it is an extremely bad bargain(like I might save Rs 5000 on the whole), I will be going to Chandni, Kolkata. Please tell me local prices for this reason.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I want an SSD in place of an HDD and here below is my configuration.

My configuration is as follows........and I want your opinion in it.......... (Prices according to Flipkart)

Intel 3.4 GHz FCLGA1155 Core i5 3570K Processor ------> Rs. 14893
ASUS Maximus V GENE Motherboard ------> Rs. 16006
G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC RAM ------> Rs. 3136
Need your opinion for SSD ------> ????
NZXT Guardian 921 RB ------> Rs 4200
Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK 430 Watts PSU ------> Rs. 2703
Need your opinion for gaming mouse and kb ------> ????

Total = Rs 40938

Could anyone tell me the difference b/w ASUS P8Z77-V PRO Motherboard , ASUS P8Z77-V Motherboard and Maximus V Gene.
Should I go for a ASROCK or a Gigabyte Mobo, cause I will be getting Wifi and Bluetooth as well then...

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Your Motherboard is just fine dont confuse yourself.
For SSD get a 120 GB from Corsair Force GT cheap and good comparatively with good RMA support.
Gaming Keyboard or whatever that is, dont overspend and get yourself a Logitech G105.
Gaming Mouse , you have to explain your grip for that. Claw or etc etc.....
NZXT Guardian 921 RB ??? Rs 300 or 500 more and get yourself a Corsair 400R miles ahead of that NZXT.
Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK 430 Watts PSU ------> Rs. 2703 - If you get it from the right place it shouldnt cost you more than Rs 2500.

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
Anything with a transparent side pane? Preferred cm 431 elite plus. Horrible cable management features.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Others
BITFENIX CABINET SHINOBI WINDOW - Rs 4800
COOLER MASTER CABINET K380 - Rs 3200

Check them at MD Computers, Chandni.

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
What about Lexa s..... How is the cooling and space in bitfenix shinobi window? Isn't it above 5k as well...

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Cooling and space is good for a windowed case. Cable management is great too ,only very long GPUs pose a problem to the HDD directly at the end of it. If the HDD is removed from the GPUs path ,not a problem then.

Lexa S ,Im not aware of.

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
And how much will the SSD cost, and if I go for a wireless KB and mouse combo, which one should I go for?

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
The cost of SSD is pretty high...... what if I go for a 64GB, its like the SSD will be my boot drive, so only Windows 7, Ubuntu and perhaps Photoshop........

And did you suggest buying the G105 Kb or asked me to avoid it....I hope its the latter........ It costs a whopping 3.5k..........o_O

And as for mouse, I prefer palm grip

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Theres no point in getting a 64 GB SSD from various aspects from cost to performance to actual benefit.Better save and buy a 120GB later.

Get the Logitech G 400 for Rs 1550 (palm grip)

G105 - Buy Logitech Gaming Keyboard G105 in Mumbai India

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
Okay.......There goes 4k for kb and mouse.............Not much left for SSD......Shelving the idea for later

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
You can buy the following Config locally for the following prices:

Intel 3.4 GHz FCLGA1155 Core i5 3570K Processor ------> Rs. 14500
ASUS Maximus V GENE Motherboard ------> Rs. 14500
G.Skill RipjawsZ DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) 1600MHz ------> Rs. 2800
Corsair 120GB SATA3 SSD ------> 6500
Corsair 400R Cabinet ------> Rs 4000
Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK 430 Watts PSU ------> Rs. 2500
Microsoft X6 Gaming KB + Logitech G400 Mouse ------> 2000 + 1500
TOTAL -------> 48,300.

Because Corsair has reduced their Corsair Force GT SSD's (240GB) from 12,250 to 10,000 a week ago to better accommodate their newly introduced Corsair Neutron & Neutron GTX SSD's range starting from 12500 & 16000 respectively.
The above prices I got from Arun Computers,CTC,Secunderabad who is authorized retailer specified in the corsair website. Asus ROG Gene MB is available here at the price specified above. But Corsair 480GB Force GT is valued at 26,000 because its benchmarks are higher than both the 120GB & 240GB versions. Microsoft X6 Gaming KB is really s@xy with RED LED Backlighting which can be turned off as well if you don't need it. The keys are laser etched.

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
But at FK it says the X6 is permanently discontinued..... Any link on where I can find it? And what are my other options about KB and mouse...
And please oh please I want a Windowed side panel cabinet........ Else its perfect.......
I am not getting prices this low anywhere around here.....

At prime, X6 is 3k

So can ANYONE give me a working link to the X6 within 2.5k

Phenomenal

Broken In
The processor and the RAM rocks! I have both of them currently.
Go for a better PSU like Seasonic S12II 520W,i got the 620W -> silent as an ANT.worth the price,Corsair's OEM,Japanese Capacitors.
Motherboard -> Gigabyte GA-z77x-Ud3h (I have this one,awesome!!!) or z77x-d3h or z77X-D3h or z77-d3h (check the x,u notations properly)

Also Carbide 400R rocks but you wont get it for 4k.It starts @ 4.8K :)

OP
debarshi

debarshi

Otaku
The processor and the RAM rocks! I have both of them currently.
Go for a better PSU like Seasonic S12II 520W,i got the 620W -> silent as an ANT.worth the price,Corsair's OEM,Japanese Capacitors.
Motherboard -> Gigabyte GA-z77x-Ud3h (I have this one,awesome!!!) or z77x-d3h or z77X-D3h or z77-d3h (check the x,u notations properly)

Also Carbide 400R rocks but you wont get it for 4k.It starts @ 4.8K :)

So could you possibly tell me the difference b/w the two Mobos??? Will the m-ATX form be a problem?
And will my Hyper 212 Evo interfere with the Ram???

How much does the Seasonic S12II 520W cost???

Binary_Hero

Broken In
Hi;
I would suggest you to go for the following:-
Processor-Intel i5 3570K = 14000
Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77UD3H =12000
Ram-G-Skill Sniper (1600MHZ) =3000
SSD-Kingston V+2000 120 GB SSD =6500
Cabinet-Corsair Carbide 400R =4000
PSU-Corsair CX600W =4000

The processor simply rocks! If wou want to reduce your budget you can go with an H77 Motherboard especially ASUS P8HM77 Series. Corsair Carbide 400R has excellent cooling and will easily take care of all internal components.For mouse and KB Logitech G400 at 1.5k and Razer Arctosa at 2k.

Top Bottom