A motherboard for AMD x6 1100T

fatalcore

Journeyman
Hi all,
I need a budget motherboard for AMD x61100T.
which is compatible with Corsair Vengence 4GB x 2 = 8GB DDR 3 Ram.
Thanks in advance,
FC

OP
fatalcore

fatalcore

Journeyman
thanks for the info,
can u plz suggest few alternate boards ranging from 4-6K also.
thanks a ton,

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
thnks ICO for the info,
will this be ok?
Gigabyte 880GM USB3
plz advice...
nope. It's the same again.

Spend around 8k to buy: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS M5A97 PRO (lacks IGP)

I am not a fan of this high-end processor and low-end motherboard pairing. Motherboards of many people died because of this as the VRMs failed to supply power and burned because of inadequate cooling.

OP
fatalcore

fatalcore

Journeyman
my brother is not ready to spend 8k on mobo, he says all mobo shows problem after 1 year whatever the price may me....
he asked if there is anything within 6k....
else he will settle for a x4 965be with a mobo...but what mobo no idea....
plz advice....he has already got the ram.
thnx in advance....

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do as you want then. :)

I won't even run 965 BE on a sub 5k mobo. If you choose to, then don't overclock.

OP
fatalcore

fatalcore

Journeyman
No no ...he doesnt overclock.....( He doent even know what that is )
He only plays games with his HD 5670 1 GB card and erites his basic,Java and C++ prog in his school....
He has this crazy idea and wants a x4 or x6.... ( He doesnt even care for AMD or Intel)
He faught with his dad and got 8GB ram as his Puja GIFT...
Now he want a mobo and a proccy...with 12K budget...Intel is costly so he is thinking for AMD. ( He herd it from his school)
You guys are best people to suggest and understands this VRM's and other stuff...So plz advice best....
thanks in advance.
FC

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ if he won't overclock, then stick to 965 BE/1055T and the motherboards supported above. They'll run fine. :) But don't overclock.

OP
fatalcore

fatalcore

Journeyman
1055T+Gigabyte 880GM USB3
is fixed...He will get it tomorrow morning...My brother is jumping now !!! He said he will stay awake till he goes to chadni tomorrow with his father and gets his new rig.

Now he can boast that he has more than two core than my rig...He said thanks to everyone who helped him for his new rig...

He is really happy and I am happy for him [:D]

Thanks everyone once again for your generous support.
Fatalcore.

Top Bottom