A little doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakee

Journeyman
i am sorry that the post title was short.well i hope my digitians will help me with a few of my recent problems.My thanks in advance...
My systems:

System A:
P4,256mb,80gb...windows xp pro(no service pack),along with fedora core 3...all drives are in fat32 filesystem,canon bjc 2100 printer

System B:
AMD athlon 2400,256mb,geforce fx 5200,80 gb...windows xp with sp2...with dialup connection(netone),adobe acrobat pdf printer installed

Problem 1:
This is the first time i connected the 2 systems using a crossover cable via the ethernets... how can i share the internet connection from system B to system A.

In system B i shared the adobe printer and the drives(partitions E,F,G).I see the sharing icon over their icon and i can see them in My Network places as shared drives or folders.
Now in system A i shared the drives(partitions D,E,F) and the canon printer.I saw the hand overlay (sharing icon) over every shared drive,folder.In my network places i saw these as shared drives or folders

NOW inside system A--i am able to see,access the shared folders from system B.And access the adobe printer from system B.Fine.

But in system B --in my network places i dont see the shared drivers,folders from system A.what kind of problem is this?i dont see the shared canon printer from system A.

Problem 2:
i have adobe acrobat 6 pro installed in my sys.It is not creating pdf files from word docs and from webpages.can anyone specify the distiller settings and other steps in creating pdf files from docs,html.i am able to create pdf from .txt files.

Problem 3:
when will i receive my digit replacement dvd.I mailed dvd@thinkdigit.com 6 days ago.The newsstand also have not received anything yet.

prathap_lab

Journeyman
hi,
i have solution for the 1st part of Problem 1.

to share the internet, go to Control panel--> Network connections.
here your internet connection will be present. right click on it and select properties. here go to Advanced tab and check the "allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection"

this is to be done on the system which has the internet connection.

this is the tab.

*img106.echo.cx/img106/2937/sol9wk.jpg

thank you.

OP
rakee

rakee

Journeyman
And another prob:..please guyz..
System A:Win xp pro(no service pack)..dual booting with fedora core 3.
Now i want to install service pack 2.will it affect the programs installed in xp and the bootloader.Then i will be hell a lot of problem installing fedora again.

K

khattam_

Problem 3

I too have the same prob.........
They say they will replace it in 10 working days. ................... so wait............

hafees

In the zone
service pack2 will not affect other programs installed in ur computer. but it will check for a valid serial number. if u use pirated copy, then sp2 will stop installing. anyway cracks r available on the net. use at ur own will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom