A 50k laptop required as a PC replacement

GaurangTandon

Right off the assembly line
Hello Digit members,

I have to buy a laptop within the budget below Rs. 50000 , but I am confused as to which to choose. I am listing my requirements below.

Requirements:
1. I will be doing heavy internet browsing for at least 4 hours on average daily. So, a good battery life and a good heating/cooling system is my priority.
2. I will be running programs like Eclipse, Visual Studio 2012, etc. So, they should work with ease.
3. I won't be playing heavy games like "CoD:Black Ops" or "Bioshock Infinite" , nor will I be travelling carrying my laptop , so both portability, compact, and things like "NVIDIA Tegra Quad Core" are not a big priority for me.
4. Good hard disk storage (min. 500 GB), and Intel i5 3rd gen (or above) are also my favorites.

That said, here a few questions:

1. Will Win 8 be good for me? I am a big techie so adapting from Win 7 to 8 won't be a big deal.
2. Should I go for a touchscreen , keeping in mind that Win 8 feels best with touch and I also want my laptop to last long (at least 3 years)
3. Finally, which is a good laptop to buy satisfying my requirements within Rs. 50000 ? But if I get a really really nice feature in a laptop below Rs. 55000 , I can think about it to.

Also, since I would be doing internet browsing , could you suggest a good telecom operator whose internet plan I could choose. My priority would be an unlimited plan without any GB limits.

Also, filled the questionnaire :

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD) - Rs. 50000, at max upto 55000
2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer? - Desktop Replacement 17" + screen. Not exactly a "replacement", I will have another PC also, this is just a laptop to function as a PC.
3) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? - Told
5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ? - Intel i5 3rd Gen and long battery
4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like? - None
6) Anything else you would like to say? - Battery (extended) and Purchase Place (Local) and Screen resolution (doesn't matter but shoudn't be very bad also)

Thanks in advance.

Tarun Singh

Banned
You can go for HP Pavilion 15-E016TX Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win 8/ 2 GB Graph).

1) Win 8 is just like Win 7 with support for touchscreens.

2) If you want touchscreen laptop,choose out of these two : Lenovo Essential G400s (59-383645) Laptop OR HP Pavilion Touchsmart 14-B172TX Sleekbook .
Getting a touchscreen doesn't guarantee that it will last long.

3) Already listed 3 best models below 50K with i3. Seeing the specs,Asus K55VM-SX086D Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2 GB Graph) seems best below 50K but buyers are complaining of heating issues.

Forget about getting 17+ screen.Even the lowest one Toshiba Qosmio X500-X8310 Laptop price is Rs 72499.

OP
G

GaurangTandon

@Tarun Singh

Thank you for your reply :) These laptops seem good. I will check them out. BTW, on the touchscreen issue, will the touchscreen not last for even at least 3 years even when I be so careful as to not drop coffee on the screen or using pen on it and not doing any carelessness?

$hadow

Geek in making
So you will not be using it during travelling and nor gaming on it. So why not get a desktop instead of laptop and save money.

Tarun Singh

Banned
@Tarun Singh

Thank you for your reply :) These laptops seem good. I will check them out. BTW, on the touchscreen issue, will the touchscreen not last for even at least 3 years even when I be so careful as to not drop coffee on the screen or using pen on it and not doing any carelessness?
You said : Should I go for a touchscreen , keeping in mind that Win 8 feels best with touch and I also want my laptop to last long (at least 3 years)
I wanted to say it doesn't matter whether it is touch or not.It will last as long as you care for any laptop.

OP
G

GaurangTandon

My friend has bought recently a VAIO SVF (Fit 15E) model priced 41000 with Intel i3 3rd gen and 500GB hard disk. Is it suitable for me too?

Last edited:
Top Bottom