90s Artist, Palash Sen's petition that every 90s kid needs to sign

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So I came across this petition that caught me off guard of the state of musicians and artists that are having a hard time due to the pandemic.
Petition: Sign the Petition

Palash Sen talks about how due to lack of proper "Music Industry", there is no organized sector that govern or protect them, which leads to the artists resorting to buying likes and views in an effort to increase their presence. This video also seemed like a cry for help:

I think whoever grew up with the 90s pop songs would appreciate the videos which Palash Sen is coming out with and would emphasize with him. I personally felt very sad after watching the above video.

Thoughts?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Lol. Everyone has a problem with Youtube, not only this guy but no one can actually do anything because Youtube is the only video service worth a s*** these days. What else can you do? Go to Peertube?

But somehow I feel like this guy is overexaggerating his problems. It's very likely Youtube at large does not even know who he is so I think his claim that Youtube has something against him is a bit exaggerated IMO. Also, he does not elaborate on how he approached Youtube for the promotion, whether it was him personally (or his agents) or his record label. I think he would have better results if he went through his record label (if he has one), perhaps would be even better if the record label is associated with big labels such as Sony or Universal.

But another reality is that Youtube always favours content that will give them more ad revenue and as such they tend to promote such stuff. It's likely they think this is not profitable for them and rejected it based on that. There is a reason you have to press the bell button after subscribing to a channel these days.

Disclaimer: I don't know who this guy is or what music he has made.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
I’m 90’s Kid - he was one of the leading band ‘Euphoria’ at that time as well, I used to own audio casstte of this Indi Pop Genre...as 90 is Audio Casstte Era.
Back then No Streming / No Social Networking / No Spotify...Nothing - B/W TV with 2 channel and Twin-One / Tape Deck in most home.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I’m 90’s Kid - he was one of the leading band ‘Euphoria’ at that time as well, I used to own audio casstte of this Indi Pop Genre...as 90 is Audio Casstte Era.
Back then No Streming / No Social Networking / No Spotify...Nothing - B/W TV with 2 channel and Twin-One / Tape Deck in most home.
He was a gem in the old days. Along with Lucky Ali, Sonu Nigam, Shankar Mahadevan, Shaan and many others who I just know from their music and not names!

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I thought you were 90s kid. I guess there are only few in this forum now. I feel old.
Yeah, but I wasn't big into Bollywood music.

IIRC Euphoria did that dooba dooba song. I have heard it but I don't know the who's who.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, but I wasn't big into Bollywood music.
Even I was not into "Bollywood" music. In fact, 90s was one of the worst for Bollywood music.
It was the pop songs and "albums" which outshined in the 90s!

Go over this playlist and try to see if you are familiar with them?
*www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGpLqaMxppFp-6zgQaIzisWFpN6JNCead

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Even I was not into "Bollywood" music. In fact, 90s was one of the worst for Bollywood music.
It was the pop songs and "albums" which outshined in the 90s!

Go over this playlist and try to see if you are familiar with them?
*www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGpLqaMxppFp-6zgQaIzisWFpN6JNCead

Woah - Falguni Pathak, Bally Sagoo, Alisha Chinoy, Baba Sehgal - I'm now getting a flashback of my childhood - Very Very Well curated playlist indeed....Getting half of 1/4th of this into Audio Cassette cost a fortune for any school going kids.

Also I like to ask at this point @Vyom - Do you know / familiar with an Album of release by Amitabh Bachan which main title 'Kabhi Kabhi Mere Dil Me Khyal Aata Hai' Remixed by the Bally Sagoo with an insane amount of Bass Frequency? The Alibum name was 'Aby Baby' probably...
Search a lot but never found anywhere.

quicky008

Technomancer
i have heard of him,wasn't he also a Doctor by profession?

His music was played repeatedly by popular tv channels like mtv/channel v etc back in the late '90s if i remember correctly,although personally i didn't really think his singing was that good.It was quite average but was still liked by many.

He really should have stuck to his career in medicine rather than indi-pop(a dying musical genre,even during the 90s which was supposed to be its golden era).

Their main problem was they were mostly one hit wonder type artistes who had one popular musical number which helped them gain fame and fortune overnight,and the rest of the songs that followed were either average or poor,which caused their soaring popularity to take a nosedive in the later years.

But despite my strong aversion towards bollywood music and bollywood in general,i still do have a fondness for indi-pop style 90s music,as the period in which they were released were some of the happier years of my life,and those songs do make me rather nostalgic for those bygone days.

Whatever this man's problems are,i hope they are resolved soon.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Most of the comments here are tl:dr type.

Neither watched the video fully nor a fan of hindi pop of 90s.

I'm from old gen. Palash Sen had a wonderful career then. Multiple hits and later in his career hits died down.
His last semi-hit might be "raja rani ki kahani". Wasn't catchy enough.

Anyway, what he would achieve with this petition I'm not sure.
Autotune wont go away; even then likes buying won't go away. But, a novel idea indeed.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Woah - Falguni Pathak, Bally Sagoo, Alisha Chinoy, Baba Sehgal - I'm now getting a flashback of my childhood - Very Very Well curated playlist indeed....Getting half of 1/4th of this into Audio Cassette cost a fortune for any school going kids.

Also I like to ask at this point @Vyom - Do you know / familiar with an Album of release by Amitabh Bachan which main title 'Kabhi Kabhi Mere Dil Me Khyal Aata Hai' Remixed by the Bally Sagoo with an insane amount of Bass Frequency? The Alibum name was 'Aby Baby' probably...
Search a lot but never found anywhere.

Also remembered this AB song from same album while looking for above, this was the song that I mainly remembered from Aby Baby album.

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
Sorry for being ot, heard many 90's song but only this song stuck in my head till today. Sayonee by Junoon band.
*www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web...UwAnoECAUQAg&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Sorry for being ot, heard many 90's song but only this song stuck in my head till today. Sayonee by Junoon band.
*www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web...UwAnoECAUQAg&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov

Your link doesn't work. But I guess this is the song you are talking about:

Indeed heard it a lot back in the days.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Whatever this man's problems are,i hope they are resolved soon.
It's not 'his' problem. He's talking about the absence of a structure in music industry and how new comers in this industry have to resort to buy likes to promote themselves.

Top Bottom