8 Reasons Windows Users Don’t Switch - Both sides weighed

Status
Not open for further replies.

shantanu

Technomancer
free is explained many times and by many people.. and on many sites and on many occasions, please dont try to explain it once again :D .

Free doesnt means free of cost,................... :p

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
shantanu said:
@praka ; 512 mb is needed for vista, 1 gb for a good experience and Microsoft never said you to buy another Gb.. and what RAm costa today 2Gb 3K ? :)
Dell is Acutally Giving 19 Inch Widescreen TFT Monitor + 1 GB RAM C2D PC for 27k , how much cheaper can that get !

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
I too think that price is what defers most people from buying a Mac here in India...
Had it been at par with what it is in US then Mac sales would have been much more here...
BTW I think that Ashwin(drgrudge) too wudn't have bought a Mac if he had to buy a lappy from Dubai/India... :)

goobimama

 Macboy
My friend bought an HP lappy in India. He paid 53k for it (1.83Ghz C2D, 1GB RAM, 14" screen, 80GB HDD). The Macbook costs 60k (2Ghz C2D with 4MB cache, 1GB RAM, 80GB HDD). It's quite there if you look at it. Of course, there are those really cheap laptops which are very hard to compete with, but they are of poor build quality and such.

Thing is people don't realise that you pay a little more, but get some world class software, hardware and support.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
The main thing is the software and the sad situation is that people don't pay any attention whatsoever to software. A Mac is all about Mac OS X and the applications but whenever a potential buyer is asked to consider a Mac, he'll put a Mac and a HP notebook side-by-side and look at which one has more powerful hardware at a lower price. In such a stupid comparison, Macs are never going to win. If all a customer is looking for the cheapest **** he can find, he'll never be interested in a Mac - and, IMHO, it is better that way.

It's like Jobs said, "There’s some stuff in our industry that we wouldn’t be proud to ship. And we just can’t do it. We can’t ship junk. There are thresholds we can’t cross because of who we are."

Spot on. :)

~Lil JinX~

*Basket Case*
The first reason is what makes the most sense to me as well. >_< I knew little about Mac , so I obviously went in for a PC like everyone else. The thing is, everything on Windows isn't as pathetic as some people make it to be. As far as I know, anyway. I've never used a Mac. I can do everything that I want on my PC, and more. Why would I think of switching?
*drumroll* Yeah, I AM satisfied with my windows PC. Why? Simply because it fulfills all my (admittedly, few) requirements. Why would someone like me bother switching then?

PS: Maybe I should steal my dad's Mac for a day and see what its like :p

~Lil JinX~

*Basket Case*
He sticks with it like superglue XD. Its a weird system we follow here. Dad with his comp, I'm with mine, and mom's with the TV :p

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Umm... you live together, right?

I don't mean to be rude or anything but in my family, it is completely impossible that my father or mother would have something that interests me and I wouldn't get to use it or anything. I mean, there is not even any distinction between what is my father's and what's mine. Whatever he uses is mine too and vice-versa. So, if he would have had a Mac and I didn't, I would've known more about it than he did. :)

It sounds kinda weird that he owns a Mac and you don't know much about it. :)

~Lil JinX~

*Basket Case*
Well, yeah. Its a bit complicated, in a way, but thats just how things are here. I don't find it depressing/wrong though. There are many people I know who don't understand it :p So nvm :p

*swt* Thread is going off topic -_-;;

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
huh mac windows linux what ever i used them all, currently am in love with mac (no offence or no prejudices )

nixon :-D

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
8 Reasons Windows Users DO Switch to Mac

8 Reasons Windows Users DO Switch to Mac

by Steven Leigh
Oct 09, 2007

If you made it through my first article, entitled “8 Reasons Windows Users Don’t Switch,” you may be a little annoyed with me by now. I admit the article certainly had a negative tone, and that was the focus. But now, we can focus on what IS working to get Windows users to switch to Mac.

As I mentioned before, I am a new “switcher,” having been a Windows user all my computing life, and had very negative opinions of the Mac. Experiences with earlier models (pre-OS X) had given me a very bad impression, and I had not tried a Mac in many years. The good news is that if Apple and its fans converted me, they can likely convert anyone. So without further ado, let’s get to the reasons Windows users are switching.

1. iPod/iPhone
The statistics tell us that the majority of iPod users are Windows users, and with 90% market share for Windows, this isn’t surprising. There is often mention of the “halo effect” of the iPod, and I used to scoff at the idea, but now I think there is a lot of truth to it. I bought an iPod over a year ago because it was the best music player out there. At the time, I didn’t want to use iTunes because I didn’t like it, and I tried numerous other options until I came to the conclusion that nothing integrates as well with the iPod as iTunes. I reluctantly gave in to iTunes and started using it full time. After a while, I started to get used to the way it worked. In fact, I started to LOVE the way it worked. I started to wonder why more programs didn’t work this way. It took me a while to realize that most programs on a Mac do work this way, and by that point, there was no turning back, it was inevitable. Now that the tech world is going nuts over the iPhone, we can only expect more and more Windows users to come to the same conclusion I did. Read more...

[Via Apple Matters]

Gotta love the concluding remark:
While there are always things that could be changed, I have to reiterate the fact that a Mac running OS X is the best computing system in the world right now...
Of course it is. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom