70k laptop for mixed use

kantiman

Broken In
I want to buy a laptop for 70k max.
With 4th gen i5 or i7, Full HD display with good viewing angles for movies, graphics card to play latest game at medium to high settings.

retz

Broken In
The Indian laptop market's sophie's choice.

They really should give screen options. I have a 1080p fHD in my z50, but I would have easily paid 5k more for a well calibrated, high-quality screen.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
I am in a similar situation as you buddy. But even by deciding to spend up to 1.2 lakh I don't have an option above an 860m. Such is the shame.

I am currently thinking about y50 only due to good ASS.

So your only choices remain to either get a y50 and then import a screen or to double your budget to 140k inr and wait for the release of the 970m laptops by MSI and Asus.

@Thread opener, since you need a laptop which is jack of all but master of none, I can recommend you Dell Inspiron 15 5000, i7 ULV model. The GPU in it is capable of low to medium quality gaming and screen is good, the build quality is better than most of the Lenovo laptops you get at that price range. You can also jump for HP Envy, but they too have TN panels, which are not that great, and Y50 is a good option, except for terrible screen and some flaws in build.

And if you can stretch your budget to 80K, you can get a good screen, a good processor, and entry level gaming grade GPU in Asus-G551, which has been recently launched and offers good price to performance ratio, better than Y50 if we consider that IPS panel.

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
@Thread opener, since you need a laptop which is jack of all but master of none, I can recommend you Dell Inspiron 15 5000, i7 ULV model. The GPU in it is capable of low to medium quality gaming and screen is good, the build quality is better than most of the Lenovo laptops you get at that price range. You can also jump for HP Envy, but they too have TN panels, which are not that great, and Y50 is a good option, except for terrible screen and some flaws in build.

And if you can stretch your budget to 80K, you can get a good screen, a good processor, and entry level gaming grade GPU in Asus-G551, which has been recently launched and offers good price to performance ratio, better than Y50 if we consider that IPS panel.
+1......
If u wanna give up on gaming power a bit then get Asus.
IMHO don't get ulv proccys.... Not future proof.
Or else up to 1 lakh then u can get MSI ge60 2pf that has exact same specs of y50 but with better quality components (there is a 20k gap between ge60 2pf and y50 but I think its justified with better screen,HDD,wlan card,keyboard,overall build)....

Top Bottom