Status
Not open for further replies.

[flAsh]

In the zone
I know after reading the topic many of u ppl must hav thought that i am talking about AMD64 line of processors. U got it totally wrong and this is a fault u shud apologize 4. Jst Joking :lol: . anyways here I am talking about
GFX cards with 64Bit memory controller which makes the card cripple in terms of performance. such cards are hot-sellers in India and the vendors and even the companies don't write about the version they are providing on the retail BOX. Sometimes without using utilities like RivaTuner u won't b able to find whether it's a 64bit or 128bit memory controller card. this may sound like cheating to ppl.(aand in fact it is!! :evil: ).For example Geforce FX 5200, 5300 (for PCI-E)& 5700LE and ATi Radeon 9500,9550,9600 and X300(for PCI-E)comes in both 128-bit and 64-bit memory controllers. Ppl end up buying the latter one and then blame the companies like nVidia and ATi 4 the performance they get. This shud b quite clear that these cards won't b good at all on memory overclocking. so don't expect a rise like 20 or 30% in performance by overclocking core only. the 128bit memory controller cards r much better in terms of performance and overcloking as the memory bandwith jst gets doubled. so even buying a low end cardss like FX5200,5300,5700LE or radeon 9500,9600, 9550 KEEP IN MIND TO GO FOR A GFX CARD HAVING 128-BIT MEMORY CONTROLLER.
Now, tell me whether 64bit suxs or not :lol: ???? :wink:

OP
F

[flAsh]

In the zone
I just don't understand why these new forumers are always starting a new thread for indentical GFX card realated problems.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
I remember someone else cribbing about the 64 bit memory controllers on gfx boards down at TT. :)

But yeah Ati and Nvidia should probably make their board makers list down the card specs on the box so as to make buyers aware.

Sourabh

Laptoping
this is utter rubbish

when u buy a graphic card one shld read the articles on the web

no one buys cards seeing the box

i guess no one in lammy will show u the box of abt 15 cards and ask u which one u wanna buy

and leave us saying "Oh , never mind .... next time when 512 bit memory comes ! "

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
Hey, :lol:

For a second when i read the topic....i was all set to thrash u man.......but ohh boy o boy........u sure have a good sense of deception.........

Yeah, point accepted......there r many things which ppl need to look out for while buying not only GFX but other things as well....i had mentioned this in another post as well....AMD got a bad name due to overheating probs which was not its fault but ignoraNT ASSEMBLERS who wud install incompatible SMPS n Heatsinks with these proccys.......

NYwaz good job.........but not only r memory controller the culprit but also other components, like the memory modules, capasitors, resistors etc. resp. for bad quality n perf. in some cases.... :roll:

OP
F

[flAsh]

In the zone
do u expect to get a GDDR3 on a low end GFX card??? certainly the quality of a low-end GFX card is bad. But the low-ends cards of ASUS or Gainward or MSI are good. they deliver and certainly thay r a bit costly than that of XFX. one thing 2 b noted XFX is really bad and less informative when it comes to low-end cards & incidently it is the only company to make (atleast in my locality) to make 64bit mem. controller GFX cards. Don't take me wrong no doubt XFX is a one of the best GFX cards manufacturer and i don't mean to make distance rom its products but I am targetting that particular card only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom