5g phone under 20K to replace Samsung M 21

andy_65_in

Padawan
Budget?
A: INR 20k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 6.0", IPS AMOLED, FHD and above

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, etc).
A: Android 12.0

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 5G must

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: avoid chinese stuff

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera, mails and internet

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: dual sim

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New, online.

9. Any other requirements?
A: Need good battery backup, RAM min 6GB.dont want a phone which suffers from poor brightness under the sun like my Samsung M 21.good servcie backup

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: samsung F 23,moto G 72

IQoo Z7 (not Z7s as that has an inferior SoC)
shop.iqoo.com/in/product/2035

Can't avoid Chinese sadly. But if you are obsessed with it, get Lava Agni 2. Wait for its next sale. Only issue with Lava is its long term software support, they promised 2 OS updates, but time will tell how fast they release it & how many bugs it will have. Definitely a good phone under 20k.

F23 is ok for under 15k, my mother uses it. It lacks AMOLED though. It boots android 12, got 13 update already. A14 will be its last OS update.

Moto is Chinese in case you don't know, owned by Lenovo. Moto G73 is a good choice as well, but lacks AMOLED, great option for 16k though.

gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=12163&idPhone2=12271&idPhone3=12079

OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
ok..any AMOLED phone then within this budget apart from IQOO. iwant a phone which will be esily readable under the sun..have only use for internet and emails..no gaming etc

Last edited:

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Moto G82 available at flipkart for ₹20424 if you have flipkart axis card it has 5g and amoled

nac

Aspiring Novelist
It looks like every single one of 'em are Chinese phones with those criterias (20k, 5G, AMOLED).
www.91mobiles.com/mss-7643
www.91mobiles.com/mss-7644

ok..any AMOLED phone then within this budget apart from IQOO. iwant a phone which will be esily readable under the sun..have only use for internet and emails..no gaming etc
Lava Agni 2 fits all your requirements actually, I just don't know when its next sale is. Xiaomi & Moto also suffer from slow updates, just mentioned it as a con because it is a con. There are many reviews already available online, check one by Geekyranjit.

Samsung M34 is rumoured to come out soon. IF lucky, it might not have exynos & instead have Dimensity 1080 like A34. If priced at ~20k, would be a decent Samsung phone. Compared to A34, it will likely miss OIS, IP rating & might get just 2 OS updates, maybe even drop the Gorilla Glass. Rumours also suggest a 6000mah battery. Let's see, time will tell.

OP
A

andy_65_in

Padawan
Hi...im ready to even use chinese phones.please advice phone for 5g surfing only minimum 6GB RAM(prefer 8GB RAM) with minimum android 13(android 12 is ok if 2 android updates assured).ok camera.no interest in gaming.dual sim.minimum bloatware.good brightness must including in the sun.no samsung now..bcoz my M 21 has conked off yesterday and needs repairs which i wont.

Last edited:
Hi...im ready to even use chinese phones.please advice phone for 5g surfing only minimum 6GB RAM(prefer 8GB RAM) with minimum android 13(android 12 is ok if 2 android updates assured).ok camera.no interest in gaming.dual sim.minimum bloatware.good brightness must including in the sunno samsung now..bcoz my M 21 has conked off yesterday and needs repairs which i wont.
M34 5G should be enough

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
G73 is old. if you want then you can return it, check you have any return period And check out these options.

*www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=12503&idPhone3=12484&idPhone2=11290#diff-

G54 will be good choice. 14 5G bands and 12/256 gb
m34 will be good for camera and battery life because of low level SoC
iqoo z7 pro is better than iqoo z7.
(i'm also searching for 4 devices to buy in upcoming sale - camera, performance and 5G, battery life are priority for me.)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
G73 is old. if you want then you can return it, check you have any return period And check out these options.

G54 will be good choice. 14 5G bands and 12/256 gb
m34 will be good for camera and battery life because of low level SoC
iqoo z7 pro is better than iqoo z7.
(i'm also searching for 4 devices to buy in upcoming sale - camera, performance and 5G, battery life are priority for me.)
He does what he wants. Never follows suggestions.

The biggest con of Moto these days is the OS updates, now they are officially mentioning that new phones will get just 1 OS upgrade. So they might implement that for older phones as well, sadly.

On the other hand Samsung provides 4 OS updates on M34. Anyways I recently ordered M34 for my cousin, will be enough as requirement is normal usage + good camera. Maybe OP has a bias against Samsung because of M21 issues. Along the same lines, my cousin's M51 got a display issue after 3 years, hence getting a new phone now, but no bias against Samsung.

ankushv

Journeyman
Honestly when an amoled panel fails it's more expensive to replace , hence buying a samsung and then getting it's display replaced is a sour experience .
If willing to live with the expensive super amoled displays , then 4 os updates and 4 to 5 years of security updates is always better than the competition .
Hence always preferred over Motorola and Xiaomi and One Plus .
A phone lasts us about 3 years . So if we receive updates for it's effective life with us it is always the better brand to buy.

Honestly when an amoled panel fails it's more expensive to replace , hence buying a samsung and then getting it's display replaced is a sour experience .
If willing to live with the expensive super amoled displays , then 4 os updates and 4 to 5 years of security updates is always better than the competition .
Hence always preferred over Motorola and Xiaomi and One Plus .
A phone lasts us about 3 years . So if we receive updates for it's effective life with us it is always the better brand to buy.
In case you don't know, Samsung's spare part prices are reasonable compared to Xiaomi or BBK (oppo, vivo, OP, etc). Samsung has the lowest spare part prices among phone manufacturers.

www.samsung.com/in/support/spare-part-pricing-list-for-repair/
My S20FE's panel is just 6.2k + labour + taxes.

www.oneplus.in/support/repair-pricing/details?code=28
For a similarly old phone at similar price range like OP 8T, it costs 13.7k + labour. So effectively double, similarly double price for latest flagship models as well.

ankushv

Journeyman
In case you don't know, Samsung's spare part prices are reasonable compared to Xiaomi or BBK (oppo, vivo, OP, etc). Samsung has the lowest spare part prices among phone manufacturers.

www.samsung.com/in/support/spare-part-pricing-list-for-repair/
My S20FE's panel is just 6.2k + labour + taxes.

www.oneplus.in/support/repair-pricing/details?code=28
For a similarly old phone at similar price range like OP 8T, it costs 13.7k + labour. So effectively double, similarly double price for latest flagship models as well.
I have an s9 and s9+ . Both amoled qhd . Both panels are having yellow shade on display making it unusable . Costing a little below 15k each to replace including labour and GST . That is most certainly not cheap . Your Samsung s20fe is not qhd super amoled its an fhd super amoled making it much cheaper to replace . My phone's both s9 and s9+ are unusable with absolutely no physical damage to the display . Both displays yellowed just after warranty was over .

Top Bottom