5.1 Speaker System

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
Kindly suggest me a 5.1 channel surround sound speaker .
The wire length should be 22 feet at least for rear speakers.
Budget 10k

friends are suggesting Sony....
Is F&D better than Sony? Reason pls.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.amazon.in/gp/customer-reviews/R2G9CVGZ0BXOQJ/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B07864V1K1

Sound & Video are two things which you just can't understand by reading reviews only as these are quite subjective. Seems like sony is good for "loudness" & "bass" which many prefer(but I don't) so better go to some local shop to listen to these speakers to decide which type of sound you prefer from a 5.1 speaker system.

P.S. To fully utilize a 5.1 speaker system you also need true 5.1 audio in downloaded content/settop box so keep this in mind too.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Edifier R501BT would be my take. Cannot say anything about wire length but you can always extend using
RCA Female to RCA Female Coupler/Joiner & single RCA cable
Phono-Joiner.jpg

719fDt13iGL._SL1416_.jpg

Apply 5% coupon, & get it around 12500. Worth it IMHO...

Last edited:
I have a Sony 5.1 Bluray system at my parent's home, the main con of that system is lack of equalizer or good in-built sound profiles. At home, I don't always want that too loud explosions & low voice volume, so I end up having remote at hand & changing volume continuously. My father bought it w/o asking me, but it was a 2nd hand system, so paid 15k for a 6-month-old 22-23k one. The seller said he was upgrading to 7.1, maybe he was just unhappy with its performance like me.

My friend, on the other hand, had an LG 5.1 with better sound profiles from what I remember.

Neo

I don't have much experience with 5.1 systems but I know for sure that with that budget you are better off with a set of bookshelf speakers. Micca PB42x or Presonus E4.5

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
For music better go with some powered bookshelf's or 2.1 system.
The above suggested micca & personus are good.

Other options.....
Edifier R1280DB under 10k
Edifier R1700BT
Alesis Elevate 5 MKII
Mackie CR4

5.1 better for movies. Some ppl like me are happy with 3.1 setup without surround speakers.

Top Bottom