4K TV Recommendation

setanjan123

In the zone
1. Budget? - 30-40k . Can go to 50k if its really worth it
2. Display type and size? 43inches . I am not entirely sure if I should go bigger since my room is quite small
3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily? Will be connected to my PC and PS4 and used for gaming and content consumption. Probably will hook up to PS5 as well in the future
4. Types and number of ports required? Atleast 2 HDMI ports and maybe one USB port. I am not too picky .
5. Preferred choice of brand? Don't really have a preference. I use a MARQ 24inch FHD TV for the last 2 years and it has served me well.
6. Any TV/monitor in consideration? Have considered
MI TV 5X : Mi 5X 108 cm (43 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart Android TV with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision Online at best Prices In India

Samsung Crystal 4K : SAMSUNG Crystal 4K 108 cm (43 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart TV Online at best Prices In India

LG 43 4K : LG 108 cm (43 inch) Ultra HD (4K) LED Smart TV Online at best Prices In India

7. Any other info that you want to share.

Been contemplating whether 4k 120Hz is worth it. Would have to increase my budget by a lot and while I can do that to some extent, my PC cant fully take advantage of it unless I upgrade my GPU. 4K 60hz TV+ 1440p 144HZ Monitor a couple years down the line feels like a better combo to me. Thoughts?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Are those brands any good? A friend just keeps telling me to get a Bravia but it's too expensive for the latest model.

They can be considered better than Marq, your previous tv brand. But in that budget, dont expect much from big names like sony lg etc.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
A lot on TV quality and what to look for in 55inch TV has been discussed in other thread (you too had posted there).

A lot of recommendations of budget TV and branded are mentioned over there.

Request you to go through that thread once properly. A lot of questions would be sorted on its own.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@setanjan123 : A lot of it depends on what you actually want from the TV.
Vibrant/Natural Colors, Deeper Blacks, Local Dimming, Brightness, Contrast ratio, True HDR, WCG (Wide Color Gamut), Low input lag, Dolby Vision/Atmos, Up Scaling, High refresh rate, Motion Handling, Faster OS, IPS/VA Panel, Gloss/Matt Screen Finish, Aesthetic Design, Loud Speakers, I/O connections, HDMI 2.1 Support.

Consider all these points and Mark/UnMark them from the Selected TV Models. And make your choice :)

HiSense A71F 50" is 29.5k in FK sale (will show at 12AM if you aren't FK plus member). IMO a great choice, same panel as Vu Premium or VU cinema or HiSense A73F Tornado. VU cinema & A73F have an attached soundbar.

The panel is great & can sustain 350 nits of brightness, so pretty good for the price.

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
HiSense A71F 50" is 29.5k in FK sale (will show at 12AM if you aren't FK plus member). IMO a great choice, same panel as Vu Premium or VU cinema or HiSense A73F Tornado. VU cinema & A73F have an attached soundbar.

The panel is great & can sustain 350 nits of brightness, so pretty good for the price.
I am a FK Plus member. But 50inches might be too big. I am planning to go to a showroom tomorrow to get some idea about the sizes.

Zangetsu

Picture Quality : Toshiba U Series >> Vu Premium >> HiSense (Not included Motorola/Nokia/Thompson)
After Sales Service: Vu >> HiSense >> Toshiba

Picture Quality : Toshiba U Series >> Vu Premium >> HiSense (Not included Motorola/Nokia/Thompson)
After Sales Service: Vu >> HiSense >> Toshiba
Hisense A71F, A73F & Vu premium/cinema apparently use the exact same VA panel. So not sure how you can say Hisense is inferior. Agree on after sales.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I am a FK Plus member. But 50inches might be too big. I am planning to go to a showroom tomorrow to get some idea about the sizes.
Unless you are sitting less than 5 feet away, 50" isn't big. Earlier I also thought same about 55" but after reaching showroom I realized 55" is correct for me, 65" is big.

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
Unless you are sitting less than 5 feet away, 50" isn't big. Earlier I also thought same about 55" but after reaching showroom I realized 55" is correct for me, 65" is big.
Yeah well my room is tiny. It's probably going be 6 -7 feet away at best.

Zangetsu

Hisense A71F, A73F & Vu premium/cinema apparently use the exact same VA panel. So not sure how you can say Hisense is inferior. Agree on after sales.
They may be same panel but internal tweaks done by Hisense & Vu differs. HiSense comes with Ultra Dimming. HiSense is not inferior to Vu. They are both neck to neck. Hisense even made it more attractive by launching the TV with 5yrs warranty.

OP
setanjan123

setanjan123

In the zone
They may be same panel but internal tweaks done by Hisense & Vu differs. HiSense comes with Ultra Dimming. HiSense is not inferior to Vu. They are both neck to neck. Hisense even made it more attractive by launching the TV with 5yrs warranty.
How is Hisense A6GE?
*dl.flipkart.com/s/v74uQ7NNNN

Also is the Samsung Crystal series any good? I saw one at the showroom yesterday and the colors really popped out.

Zangetsu

A6GE looks good on specs, but I don't see any youtube reviews for it. And they have not mentioned if its VA or IPS

How is Hisense A6GE?
*dl.flipkart.com/s/v74uQ7NNNN

Also is the Samsung Crystal series any good? I saw one at the showroom yesterday and the colors really popped out.
Try to dig more about it. If it has the same panel as A71F, go ahead. Otherwise, A71F seems the same on paper, but is known to have a good panel.

Top Bottom