4K Monitor LG vs. BenQ

JK2

Broken In
1. Budget?
INR 35k. Can increase to 45k if it significantly improves screen quality/ longevity (don't wish to pay additional just for added ports etc.)

2. Display type and size?
4K, 27inch

3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily?
Reading, Office Work, Media

4. Types and number of ports required?
If any port allows connecting keyboard and mouse directly to monitor (instead of laptop), that would be really helpful.

5. Preferred choice of brand?
Open to all

6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
LG, BenQ

7. Any other info that you want to share.

Any opinion on the below two units? Which one is better screen (don't understand HDR400 vs. HDRi etc.)

*www.amazon.in/LG-Monitor-FreeSync-Adjustable-Display/dp/B08J5X2LV4?th=1

vs.

*www.amazon.in/BenQ-EW2880U-Anti-Glare-Flicker-Free-Intelligence/dp/B09K42ZSQC/

OP
J

JK2

Broken In
Thanks. Had bought Dell FHD Monitor last year, needed replacement within a month.

HDR is a gimmick in monitors, so don't consider that. See if any of those monitors have reviews on rtings.com.
LG 27UK650-W vs BenQ EL2870U Side-by-Side Monitor Comparison

Those seem like older models of ones in consideration. I personally found BenQ ones overpriced.

Reactions: JK2
OP
J

JK2

Broken In
HDR is a gimmick in monitors, so don't consider that. See if any of those monitors have reviews on rtings.com.
LG 27UK650-W vs BenQ EL2870U Side-by-Side Monitor Comparison

Those seem like older models of ones in consideration. I personally found BenQ ones overpriced.
Thanks. LG one also is 2019 model I checked.

Any suggested 4K 27in models I can buy within 35k (recently released/ newer ones). Can stretch budget if it really brings difference to experience and longevity.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
The issue is all 4k 27 (IPS) inch monitors have the exact same panel. They will develop issue just like I had, regardless of vendor. The only criteria I would go for is warranty. Get one that has the best warranty service. ( I think Dell here is best )

Reactions: JK2

vito scalleta

In the zone
The issue is all 4k 27 (IPS) inch monitors have the exact same panel. They will develop issue just like I had, regardless of vendor. The only criteria I would go for is warranty. Get one that has the best warranty service. ( I think Dell here is best )
What issue did you face with your monitor ? and which monitor was that ?
Curious as I am thinking of a monitor upgrade soon.

Top Bottom