4gb ram suggestions

AJK

Broken In
hey guys i want to buy a single 4gb ram stick for my PC . As u can see in my signature i already have a 4GB Corsair XMS3 ram .. so should i go with the same XMS3 model or should i opt for some other company like G Skill ?? i head G skill rams are better than corsair XMS3 . is it true ??:???: thanks in advance:smile:

tkin

Back to school!!
If you are already using a XMS3 then buy another XMS3, the voltages will match and system will remain stable, its not good to mix and match rams since XMS3 and Gskill Ripjaws have different voltages and timing.

OP
A

AJK

Broken In
If you are already using a XMS3 then buy another XMS3, the voltages will match and system will remain stable, its not good to mix and match rams since XMS3 and Gskill Ripjaws have different voltages and timing.

oh well then i guess im left with no option but to go ahead with the XMS3 :neutral:

008Rohit

Broken In
For optimal performance, buy another XMS3 4GB Stick, not (2X2GB) sticks.

That's what he was planning to get, anyway.

@ OP

If you want the modules to run in dual-channel mode you'll have to get another XMS module. However, for example, if your XMS has these specs :

DDR 1333Mhz
CAS Latency : 9-9-9-24

and you buy another stick with the same specs (Such as Gskill Value Series), chances are there that then too they'll work in dual channel mode, but thats just hit or miss. So, I guess the best bet will be another XMS3 if you dont want to risk dual channel operation.

sukesh1090

Adam young
@op,
corsair xms 3 rams are very good rams so you don't need to worry and even the performance difference between the ram will be very very negligible.so get the xms3.

Top Bottom