4G Mobile - 14K

gemini90

Journeyman
1. Budget - 14k + Add another 2k if necessary
2. Display type and size - Not more than 5.2 inch
3. Dual sim - Preferably
4. Preferred choice of brand - Any will do
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera) - A good primary camera will do, Have 640xl for major work.
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc) - Android, Windows
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready) - 4G
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc) - Internet, Multimedia
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration - None
10. Any other info that you want to share - If possible, should be compatible with all the frequencies on which jio will launch its services. I am willing to wait for a month for such a mobile.

Last edited:
[MENTION=60562]anupam_pb[/MENTION] Do they support VoLTE?

I don't think so.... Only the big manufacturers have added that in their flagship devices & few mid rangers

We don't have 4G in all cities & just 1 operator has 4G. So I don't think VoLTE should be a deal breaker

tanmayraj

Broken In
I don't think so.... Only the big manufacturers have added that in their flagship devices & few mid rangers

We don't have 4G in all cities & just 1 operator has 4G. So I don't think VoLTE should be a deal breaker

Yu Yuphoria 4G support VoLTE.Check once.Otherwise for 4G check new launched Micromax Canvas 5,Express4g, Blaze 4g+,Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime,Mi4i,Moto G3.

OP
G

gemini90

Journeyman
[MENTION=52329]tkin[/MENTION] [MENTION=60562]anupam_pb[/MENTION] Just today lost my 640xl. So will moto g3 suffice for occasional party/picnic camera work?

tkin

Back to school!!
[MENTION=52329]tkin[/MENTION] [MENTION=60562]anupam_pb[/MENTION] Just today lost my 640xl. So will moto g3 suffice for occasional party/picnic camera work?
In daylight moto g3 camera is fantastic, specially with hdr on, there's few phones that can beat it. But nightshots are damn pathetic, really really bad. What kind of photography are you gonna be doing with the phone?

Ya it should.... I have used my friend's G3 & as tkin said, daylight photos are great. I've never tried night shots on it, but most phones suffer at night.

Mi4i has a better camera than G3. Also Sony M4 Aqua should get a price cut soon

OP
G

gemini90

Journeyman
[MENTION=52329]tkin[/MENTION] [MENTION=60562]anupam_pb[/MENTION] Well shots of places like India Gate and other memorials at night. Plus a few party shots in low light. No bypass solution? Like some 3rd party post-processing app?

Karan85

Broken In
I know your budget is 14+2k... but see if you stretch it a bit and get the oneplus X. That looks like a great phone and the reviews have been very positive.

It is 17k and you will need an invite.. so there is that.

tkin

Back to school!!
[MENTION=52329]tkin[/MENTION] [MENTION=60562]anupam_pb[/MENTION] Well shots of places like India Gate and other memorials at night. Plus a few party shots in low light. No bypass solution? Like some 3rd party post-processing app?
Nope, its a poor camera in night mode, nothing can fix it. Most sub 14k phones are, I'd say for a budget like this there isn't a lot of flexibility, if a company is giving a better camera at this price then they are definitely cutting down on something else, I'd rather sacrifice the camera than get a poor build quality or poor after sales support or poor os implementation, or better yet all of these together ;)

I know your budget is 14+2k... but see if you stretch it a bit and get the oneplus X. That looks like a great phone and the reviews have been very positive.

It is 17k and you will need an invite.. so there is that.

Not recommended. It has many issues

- - - Updated - - -

My phone just handles the shots of memorials at night, no party shots.... So I doubt G3 can do that

No way to bypass, its a hardware thing. Most 3rd party apps may decrease shuuter speed & boost the iso, which will result in grainy, shaky pics

I'm pretty sure most people would be happy with the camera of G3..... If you want good night shots, get a camera

sankar789

Broken In
No need of 14k or more. In India, 4G mobiles available from Rs.3,999 ( Phicomm Energy 653 4G (White) on Amazon India ). If you are looking for branded mobile, then you can go with Samsung Galaxy On7 which is exclusive to flipkart.

No need of 14k or more. In India, 4G mobiles available from Rs.3,999 ( Phicomm Energy 653 4G (White) on Amazon India ). If you are looking for branded mobile, then you can go with Samsung Galaxy On7 which is exclusive to flipkart.

Moto G3 is better than both & seriously no one here will buy Phicomm phones

sankar789

Broken In
I am not suggesting to buy Phicomm Energy 653 4G. This is the low priced 4G mobile in the Indian market. Coming to Moto G3, Samsung On7 is best in-terms of price and outlooks. You can compare both specs.

Karan85

Broken In
Stay away from Samsung, especially on the low end phones.

On 7 has 1.5gig ram/8gb internal.. with touchwiz.
Moto G has 2gigs/16gb with near stock android.

Samsung might never update its phone. I got the Tab pro 8.4, their "professional QHD" tablet. It's still on 4.4. Never got updated.. NEVER. Samsung has too many devices and abandons the less important ones all the time.

Samsung does make decent screens and cameras, but I still wouldnt recommend the On 7 over the Moto G

Also, the thread starter wants a phone smaller than 5.2", the ON 7 is 5.5"

Not recommended. It has many issues
Like? I havent used one. The reviews seemed pretty positive when I checked.

No more point in discussing.... He has decided for Moto G3

- - - Updated - - -

Like? I havent used one. The reviews seemed pretty positive when I checked.

The issues which it has are software based n are expected to be solved soon in an update.... It's a good looking device, but if Mi4c gets released in India, I would recommend that over OPX (not just because of S808)

Top Bottom