Abhiroop

Right off the assembly line
i will be buying my 3rd laptop. My fist was Compaq which gave a pretty decent service. My 2nd laptop and the one I am currently using is HP Pavilion DV6 with amd processor and ati radeon graphics card. It was bought on December 2010 from UK. This laptop gets insanely heated up like toast. Despite of using Cooler master cooling pad the heating level in this laptop is just insane. Absolutely 0 gaming supported by the laptop. I never played a single game not even solitaire on this for the past year. Still the heating is out of control. Currently half the keys in my keyboard are not working and my mouse pad is also dysfunctional. And my battery life has been reduced to 5 mins. So overall a very bad experience with HP.

The new laptop i wanna buy should essentially be a non heating laptop. I just cannot deal with heating problems anymore. i want a RAM of 4GB and above preferably 6 GB. I dont do any gaming so graphics isnt a issue. However I work a lot with Big Data and cloud where a lot of data is to be processed so I need a good processor speed. Also I do a lot of programming and coding. Essentially Python and Java(on Eclipse). I browse a lot too and do some web developement work. And occasionally may watch some HD movies. Kindly recommend me a laptop for the same.

I liked this model HP Pavilion G6-2313AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A10/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2.5GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com but apparently it has heating issues too. How about Asus and Samsung laptops? Plz recommend. Budget is 25k to 42k.

Last edited:
OP
A

Abhiroop

Right off the assembly line
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

Rs.25000 to Rs.42000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:Others
b. Dislike:HP,Dell

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook? Data Processing, Java(using Eclipse), Android App Development, Python for Machine Learning, occasional movies and TV Shows

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer? Anything would do.

6) Anything else you would like to say? (eg: local purchase, ASS,matte/glossy finish) Anything would do.

$hadow

Geek in making
Lenovo Ideapad Z580 (59-333346) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

Get this

Top Bottom