3G for delhi in 10 days..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

wise one
*img291.imageshack.us/img291/9587/mtnljadoo1wy2.gif
*img13.imageshack.us/img13/5373/mtnljadoo2mp1.gif

Two ads on the TOI paper. It says, on bottom right, to check tomorrow for what exactly Jadoo is (I guess for tariff etc.).

So, it appears that we'd need to wait till Feb 6 for the complete tariff and further details.

Tech.Masti said:
Is Rs.1000 is unlimited ?

I don't think so, at least not before the private players come into the scenario (which will easily take 6 months or more, reason is the spectrum delays.) *img243.imageshack.us/img243/8895/invision18ie8.gif

kumarmohit

Technomancer
I think it might just be unlimited. Considering they offer unlimited EDGE for Rs 350 + taxes.
On the sad note. i just downgraded from 3g Nokia 6630 to 2.5G Asus P320.

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
@mystic, it seems u r really excited nd awaiting for 3G, post at 6.14 AM......hmm.....i dont get my npaper before 7.30........

i think they'll not gonna to offer unlimited plans...........it would be like pay as u use.......!!!
but gud if they offer different plans as everyone had different needs...........

utsav

damn busy...
BSNL has upgraded all their towers here and have succesfully tested 3G here in Jhansi. 3G Services will start by march :D

Mystic

wise one
@mystic, it seems u r really excited nd awaiting for 3G, post at 6.14 AM......hmm.....i dont get my npaper before 7.30........

Neither do I. Prefer getting the newspaper at early morning by myself (market, ta-da), morning walk aur newspaper ak sath. :p

Tariff is out. Check 3G Jadoo page.

Video Telephony: Customers can watch and talk simultaneously using the 3G mobile services of MTNL as if they are making face to face conversation.

2.High Speed Internet for smart phones and laptop. The customer can have the HSDPA data card with MTNL 3G USIM and can enjoy the broadband like speed in 3G coverage area.

3.A multitude of Data related VAS services will be available as per need of the customers.

Mobile TV – Live Broadcast . Customer can enjoy sports, music, movies or their favorite program of TV through their mobile handset without any buffering problem in 3G covered area. 5.Remote Video Monitoring – The customer can monitor their office place or production site while sitting at other place using this services simply using your mobile set. Elders in the family or Children at home can also be taken care by using this service.

6.Video on Demand
Tariff plan:
*i42.tinypic.com/k0k84i.jpg

What I understand by this is, user will be charged one-time activation fee of Rs.500, and monthly rental of Rs.599. Voice calls and data downloads charges are extra. Data downloads will be available at monthly rental of Rs.149,
Rs 5 per MB for usage.

MTNL expected that 3G services (HSDPA) would have minimum speed of 384 Kbit/s and maximum of 3.6 Mbit/s. I personally tested the speed few weeks ago (when it was available for free, trial launch), and I was able to get 1.4Mbit/s speed.

Services is currently available in these areas (will soon cover entire Delhi and NCR):

*i42.tinypic.com/2e5vaty.gif

I believe Mumbai will get the 3G launch after a week.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
Rs 5 per MB charge is outrageous man.its just like having a bb connection and not being allowed to d/l.
hope Airtel provides unlimited plans as and when they provide 3G.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
These are promotional rates, and I don't think that the plan is lucrative at all. If MTNL is charging Rs.5/MB, then think what will be the tariff of other companies?

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
MTNL cant even maintain there CC and their already crippled dolphin network.......talk about launching 3G......

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
Rs 5 per MB charge is outrageous man.its just like having a bb connection and not being allowed to d/l.
hope Airtel provides unlimited plans as and when they provide 3G.

you know airtel EDGE unlimited price now is Rs.999pm.... its only 236kbps....so guess if they provide HSDPA 3.6mbps, how much they can charge:rolleyes:

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Frankly pricewise and coverage wise - 3G Jadoo is more like a Jhadoo. Rs 5 per MB and that too with a base data connection rent of 150 and a mobile connection rent of Rs. ~ 600.

Seems like the days of 16 rs/ call are back.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Frankly pricewise and coverage wise - 3G Jadoo is more like a Jhadoo. Rs 5 per MB and that too with a base data connection rent of 150 and a mobile connection rent of Rs. ~ 600.

Read in HT that these are just promotional rates, actual rates will be different :( .

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
i dont think that 3G charges wud come down unless private operators enter the market.unless theres any competition to grab market share,rates r gonna be high,sky high.

pr.itdude

tHe nEw gEEk......ITian
ridiculous:mad::mad:
is this a promotional plan......?? Then what will b the prices if the promotion would be over.......... :confused::confused:

They'll not gonna to have even 10% of the activation of they had thought. In india, these rates r too high....!!
They must think again abt prices...........

Well, hope is there..........as history of telecommunication in india progress like this itself.....

When mobile was introduced, then also the situation was same as like 3G today. But see, whats the scenario now, Reliance launched its GSM sim in just 50 bucks with a lots of lots of offers, infact double talktime and an intitial talktime of over Rs.400/-....... This is what we can call a promotional offer...!!!:D:D

Hoping that 3G prices will down as like the call rates, so that i can also do video-conferencing.........:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom