3D Mark 11 Battleground.(Leaderboard included)

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Foreword:- I know such a thread exists.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/overclocking/121310-post-your-3dmark-results-here.html

My argument is that it's pointless to compete a laptop against a desktop as a high end laptop will never be able to reach upto even a modest desktop.

If the mods find that this thread is necessary then they may lock it.

The Actual beginning:-
Good Evening Ladies and Gents, today let's see how much gaming performance can one's laptop dish out. 3D Mark 11 is a great tool to test this precisely this. You can download it free from

3DMark 11 - DirectX 11 video card benchmark from Futuremark

I will create a Leader board of 5 after 10 entries. Let's see how where does your laptop stands.

Leaderboard:-

RankNicknameLaptop make+model3D Mark 11 Score

Entry Format:-
Nickname of laptop:-Any funny/cute/bad@$$/cool nickname you can think of for your laptop.
Specs:- Include CPU,GPU,GPU overclock if any and RAM.
Pic of your 3D Mark 11 Score+score.
Tip:-You can press Alt+PrtSc to get a screenshot of your active window.

Rules:-
1. Overclocking is allowed.(Do it at your own risk)
2. We are testing the laptops in the Performance(P) preset in 3D Mark 11 which is available in the free version.

Purpose:-
the purpose of this thread is to incite a competitive spirit amongst the laptop owners of TDF and also to help members and guests know about the gaming performance of Specific Laptops.

I'll start:-
Nickname-Red Seamonster.
Laptop Model:-Lenovo Ideapad Y500
Specs-Core i7 3632QM,2xGT 650M in SLI, Both cards OCed upto 1080 core and 1100 vRam, 8 GB Ram.
3D Mark 11 score:p5259
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
You already have a laptop of the same config as mine, so I wont post

Every computer is different even if they are the exact same model.

- - - Updated - - -

Saw that in Microsoft's Win 7 Experience Index page.

Adrx

Broken In
Wow ..A pretty useful thread..But I am not going to post my laptop results now..Its sucks ..Am getting a new laptop next month and i will post then :mrgreen:. BTW OP you have gg laptop man..Even my new laptop will be an ant in front of yours :p

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Wow ..A pretty useful thread..But I am not going to post my laptop results now..Its sucks ..Am getting a new laptop next month and i will post then :mrgreen:. BTW OP you have gg laptop man..Even my new laptop will be an ant in front of yours :p

It's no great mystery beyond the realm of human understanding :)..its simple math...two graphics cards produce a better score than one graphics card :)

- - - Updated - - -

Every computer is different even if they are the exact same model.

- - - Updated - - -

Saw that in Microsoft's Win 7 Experience Index page.

Right, mine is an aluminium clad HTC One whereas your's is a plastic shamesung :)

Anyways here is my score

Intel Core I7 4500U/2 GB AMD Radeon 8850M GDDR5/8 GB RAM(All stock clocks)

*i.imgur.com/RcPHiFJ.jpg

This means 2X8850M's running in "Crossfire"=2648*2=5296..So much win :) !

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
It's no great mystery beyond the realm of human understanding :)..its simple math...two graphics cards produce a better score than one graphics card :)

- - - Updated - - -

Right, mine is an aluminium clad HTC One whereas your's is a plastic shamesung :)

Anyways here is my score

Intel Core I7 4500U/2 GB AMD Radeon 8850M GDDR5/8 GB RAM(All stock clocks)

*i.imgur.com/RcPHiFJ.jpg

This means 2X8850M's running in "Crossfire"=2648*2=5296..So much win :) !

Actually the AMD 8000M series supports Crossfire.
Performance/Gaming

Still you can forget about it as I don't think Dell has any plans to release this in US, let alone India.
SLI/Crossfire is all about Scaling and optimization. You can't expect AMD mobile cards to scale Crossfire as high as SLI due to shitty AMD driver support. So forget about doubling the score. This may improve in the future and it all depends on AMD's attitude in the mobile market.

If 8850M Crossfire were available then it would make my friends so JELLY.

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Actually the AMD 8000M series supports Crossfire.
Performance/Gaming

Still you can forget about it as I don't think Dell has any plans to release this in US, let alone India.
SLI/Crossfire is all about Scaling and optimization. You can't expect AMD mobile cards to scale Crossfire as high as SLI due to shitty AMD driver support. So forget about doubling the score. This may improve in the future and it all depends on AMD's attitude in the mobile market.

If 8850M Crossfire were available then it would make my friends so JELLY.

What is the score of a single GT650M ?, is it exactly half of a GT650M SLI setup ?

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
What is the score of a single GT650M ?, is it exactly half of a GT650M SLI setup ?

2332, don't know why it's scaling more than 100% on SLI.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the wrong info,looks like the OC was reset when I switched cards. Real score is 3033.
1 GPU.jpg
See even SLI doesn't have 100% scaling, you can forget about 100% scaling in Crossfire.

Top Bottom