[35K] Gaming PC build on a budget

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Gaming - NFS Payback , Battlefield V(if possible on lowest settings)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 35K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: No preference

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Current monitor specs are mentioned below. Please suggest if it can be reused.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: If any of these components can be reused then it would be great(unlikely because everything is ancient). I know it is unlikely but the person who is going to buy this will have difficulty extending his budget

Monitor - Dell IN2030Mf (1600*900 60 Hz)
MoBo - Gigabyte GA-H61M-S1
CPU - Pentium G2020
GPU - Nvidia GT520 4 GB
PSU -Zebronics Zeb-450W DSATA
Cabinet - Random Zebronics cabinet
RAM - Corsair Value Select 2x2 GB DDR3 1333
Cheap Dell Mouse and keyboard

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: November

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Buy locally, could buy a few parts online

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Since my friend who is buying this has a tight budget if possible, please reuse components

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Monitor - Dell IN2030Mf (1600*900 60 Hz)
MoBo - Gigabyte GA-H61M-S1
CPU - Pentium G2020
GPU - Nvidia GT520 4 GB
PSU -Zebronics Zeb-450W DSATA

Cabinet - Random Zebronics cabinet
RAM - Corsair Value Select 2x2 GB DDR3 1333
Cheap Dell Mouse and keyboard
He can reuse the above.
Ask him if he can spend couple of thousands more and get this. Haven't included HDD, for now ask him to use SSD and later when he has money, he can get HDD.

~ 36k

i3 9100F
ASUS B365M A
DDR4 8GB 2666mhz/2400mhz
RX570/GTX 1060 3GB
Corsair CX450
Crucial MX500 250GB

Edit: Typo

Last edited:
OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

He can reuse the above.
Ask him if he can spend couple of thousands more and get this. Haven't included HDD, for now ask him to use SSD and later when he has money, he can get HDD.

~ 36k

i3 9100F
ASUS B365M A
DDR4 8GB 2666mhz/2400mhz
RX570/GTX 1030 3GB
Corsair CX450
Crucial MX500 250GB

He has a WD 500 GB SATA II from his old PC so he can use that as an HDD.
For the GPU, I think you meant GTX 1060 3 GB?

Also would it be possible for you to mention the exact model of the RAM and GPU or we go with the cheapest option?

And if we could add an extra 2-3k, should it be invested in getting another 8 gigs of RAM?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
For the GPU, I think you meant GTX 1060 3 GB?
Also would it be possible for you to mention the exact model of the RAM and GPU or we go with the cheapest option?
And if we could add an extra 2-3k, should it be invested in getting another 8 gigs of RAM?
Yes, it's 1060 3GB. Sorry for the typo.
Any popular brand is fine. Corsair/Hyper X/Adata/G Skill.
For GPU, most likely your only option would be Zotac. Get that. If you can find Asus, you can consider that as well.
The extra 3k is not good enough for 9400F or GTX 1660, so yeah you can get one more 8GB stick. But wouldn't expect much from that. Else you can get a cabinet or case fan for your existing cabinet. Hope the cabinet has provision for more fans.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Yes, it's 1060 3GB. Sorry for the typo.
Any popular brand is fine. Corsair/Hyper X/Adata/G Skill.
For GPU, most likely your only option would be Zotac. Get that. If you can find Asus, you can consider that as well.
The extra 3k is not good enough for 9400F or GTX 1660, so yeah you can get one more 8GB stick. But wouldn't expect much from that. Else you can get a cabinet or case fan for your existing cabinet. Hope the cabinet has provision for more fans.
Okay, Thanks for the advice. Is AMD option at this price point or the 9100F beats it hands down? Also if getting an extra 8 gigs doesn't have a huge impact, should we go for higher frequency RAM like 3000MHz?

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Okay, Thanks for the advice. Is AMD option at this price point or the 9100F beats it hands down? Also if getting an extra 8 gigs doesn't have a huge impact, should we go for higher frequency RAM like 3000MHz?
Ryzen 1600 will come in your budget with that extra 3k. More cores/threads of Ryzen 1600 vs stronger cores of 9100F. You're asking about only gaming, and I find 9100F best between the two.
9100F supports upto 2666mhz. So no point in spending more, unless higher frequency sticks costs the same.

OP
ssk_the_gr8

ssk_the_gr8

Ryzen 1600 will come in your budget with that extra 3k. More cores/threads of Ryzen 1600 vs stronger cores of 9100F. You're asking about only gaming, and I find 9100F best between the two.
9100F supports upto 2666mhz. So no point in spending more, unless higher frequency sticks costs the same.
Would you be able to share a Ryzen config.we would like the options before taking a call. This system will be easily used for five years.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I'd say stick to Intel i3-9100F in this scenario.

For Ryzen, I suggest minimum getting a Ryzen 5 2600 as 1600's frequency was a bit too low.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
9100f is better for gaming as its only match would be ryzen 3rd gen which requires higher frequency ram(at least 3200MHz recommended) & a decent mobo(very limited options,just 2 actually under 2k.asrock b450 pro 4 at 7k whose availability is uncertain currently & asus tuf b450 pro gaming at 8k which is again out of stock at many places) increasing the overall price.

Try to get 1060 6gb zotac on sale for 16500 at mdcomputers as many games may need more than 3gb vram on graphics card(now or in near future).

Top Bottom