32" monitor as Primary TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

madzeus

Broken In
Hello all,
Q & A

1. Budget- 20-27 K
2. Display type and size- 32 " ( Read that for size > 32 " 1080p is not optimum atleast for close quarter viewing, and since 4k monitors are out of my budget...32" is OK as per my viewing distance[ approx 7 ' ] )
3. Primary use of Tv/monitor- As TV,full HD media consumption,occasional gaming too
4. Ports Required- 2 HDMI minimum, 1 USB shall do
5. Preferred choice of brand- Prefer a good product over Brand.
6. Any TV/monitor in consideration- Considering LG 32MN58H 32 " HD IPS Monitor with 6ms

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why would you want to use monitor as TV if most of your usage is related to TV?People use monitor as TV only because they got higher resolution which is required for better rendering of text on screen which helps when you are using the system as PC & spending a lot of time typing(making office word documents,excel sheets,projects etc).If you are mainly going to use monitor for watching multimedia then get LED TV which almost always has better picture quality because of their focus on TV part unless monitor for whom TV part is secondary usage & not primary.

OP
madzeus

madzeus

Broken In
Sony Bravia 80.1cm (32) Full HD Smart LED TV Online at best Prices In India
@bssunilreddy Thanks, how is the performance of this SONY model? Have you seen it? Sony on its lower models doesn't deliver the best of sound, hence i thought of buying a monitor and couple it with SWANS M10 speakers for a better bang for my buck.

@whitestar_999 :Hello, well for starters its cheaper :D :D ,a 32" TV in my budget will next to never give a screen with quality (e.g. VU 32" the colors are way more saturated in a friends unit which i saw). I am getting this 32" IPS monitor which i can get within 16k, hence can make some adjustments to buy a better audio solution( as mentioned SWANS M10). Moreover went through reviews (here) and people did mention that they have been using it as TV wihtout any hiccups. Besides this other forums like tom's hardware and a few others too mentioned that monitor would be better.

Does anyone around here use their monitors as primary multimedia consumption (TV/ movies)?? Can you give me some pointers to look out for before buying? Thanks again

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Didn't knew LG has a 32" monitor at this price,then it is alright.There is no special requirement to use monitor as Tv as long as you have a pc to connect it to. Only thing to take note of is picture quality which also is the main criterion for choosing a TV to. Only if you are a serious gamer then you need to go into details like input lag,refresh rate etc.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
@bssunilreddy Thanks, how is the performance of this SONY model? Have you seen it? Sony on its lower models doesn't deliver the best of sound, hence i thought of buying a monitor and couple it with SWANS M10 speakers for a better bang for my buck.

@whitestar_999 :Hello, well for starters its cheaper :D :D ,a 32" TV in my budget will next to never give a screen with quality (e.g. VU 32" the colors are way more saturated in a friends unit which I saw). I am getting this 32" IPS monitor which I can get within 16k, hence can make some adjustments to buy a better audio solution( as mentioned SWANS M10). Moreover went through reviews (here) and people did mention that they have been using it as TV wihtout any hiccups. Besides these other forums like tom's hardware and a few others too mentioned that monitor would be better.

Does anyone around here use their monitors as primary multimedia consumption (TV/ movies)?? Can you give me some pointers to look out for before buying? Thanks again
I think going for a Smart LED TV is always better than going with a Monitor.
I have not seen a Sony TV but have seen many Samsung LED TVs, so I think this LG is similar to those I specified.
LG 80 cm 32LH604T Full Smart HD LED IPS TV: Amazon.in: Electronics

OP
madzeus

madzeus

Broken In
I think going for a Smart LED TV is always better than going with a Monitor.
I have not seen a Sony TV but have seen many Samsung LED TVs, so I think this LG is similar to those I specified.
LG 80 cm 32LH604T Full Smart HD LED IPS TV: Amazon.in: Electronics
Can you please inform me a little more on this? Both are IPS panels, so colour reproduction shouldn't be an issue here? am i right? I own an old SONY LED 32" BRAVIA and a Le Eco 55 super 3 x55
LG 32mn58H comes recvommended and is within price bracket so bought this. HERE is the product link, can you please take a look at the specs and help me find out the weak link. Much appreciated.Thanks

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Can you please inform me a little more on this? Both are IPS panels, so color reproduction shouldn't be an issue here? am I right? I own an old SONY LED 32" BRAVIA and a Le Eco 55 super 3 x55
LG 32mn58H comes recommended and is within price bracket so bought this. HERE is the product link, can you please take a look at the specs and help me find out the weak link. Much appreciated.Thanks
The LG LED IPS monitors are always good when compared with other vendors. The monitor which you specified has a 1 D-Sub port, 1 USB port, 2 HDMI ports. Its speakers are somewhat low but since you are going with a dedicated speaker system that is not a problem now.

OP
madzeus

madzeus

Broken In
Actually it doesn't have a speaker, hence the speakers. I did not want to go the standard TV route since my budget is low. hence the modular kind of approach. Thanks again for the quick reply.

OP
madzeus

madzeus

Broken In
Please close this thread, as i have purchased the monitor, works quite well,IPS display is what you would expect, IMHO pretty happy with the 32" FHD screen, 2HDMI I/P, 1 VGA,no DVI, Plays x264 files straight from USB. Comes with a remote, which is a basic remote nothing worth mentioning here about it. bought it @ 16k from Paytm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom