1. Budget?
<=30K

2. Display type and size?
OLED/AMOLED (if possible)

3. Dual sim?
Yes

4. Preferred choice of brand?
None

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?
Nothing specific

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS,Stock Android etc).
Close to stock android if possible

7. Preferred connectivity options (Dual 4G,802.11AC/5Ghz(not 5g mobile network) wifi).
Any

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?
Multimedia

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
Curious about Nothing phone 1

10. Any other info that you want to share
This handset is for my father who is 72, he is upgrading from redmi 8 & bloatware was always bugging him.
Purpose of this device is 70% youtube/OTT with bluetooth headphones, 20% phone calls & 10% occasional browsing.
Good display & battery life are a priority.

Pixel 6a:
Pros: Top camera, stock android with 3 OS updates, fastest updates, compact
Cons: After sales, 60Hz panel, overheats in heavy gaming, average battery life

Moto Edge 30:
Pros: Stock android
Cons: Slow OS updates (till 14 promised), cameras are average, average battery life

Phones that need some effort to be put to remove bloat or disable bloat & to block unnecessary notifications:
Poco F4 GT, vivo iqoo neo 6 are good overall phones that don't excel anywhere in particular, top performers though with S870.

Samsung M53 5G for something more "branded". But is expensive for its hardware. I know some old people are reluctant against Chinese phones.

Avoid vivo's non iqoo phones, same goes for any oppo phones except their Realme subsidiary. Oneplus can be avoided because of buggy OS, oppo's UI has less bugs than OP one.

I won't recommend it simply because it is a new company, likely needs time to get their QC & after sales fixed. Also OS was buggy initially. They need time to settle IMO.

OP
MegaMind

MegaMind

Human Spambot
I won't recommend it simply because it is a new company, likely needs time to get their QC & after sales fixed. Also OS was buggy initially. They need time to settle IMO.
Ah ok, any device with an oled display or 120hz panel for 30k?

OP
MegaMind

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Is the SAMSUNG S20 FE 5G any good as of today?
After discounts and exchange it comes down to 28K.

Top Bottom