24 inch monitor in 7k-9k bracket.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
1. Budget? 7k-9k.
2. Display type and size? 24inch, IPS or whatever available in budget.
3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily? Watching movies/typing.
4. Types and number of ports required? HDMI must, would be good if it has 2 HDMIs but not a compulsion.
5. Preferred choice of brand? LG or samsung or any other good brand with coverage in india.
6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
7. Any other info that you want to share.

1) Between IPS and VA, which one to choose?

Saw this amazon basics one,

*www.amazon.in/Monitor-Borderless-i...939a-1212d472351c&ref_=pd_gw_deals_m1_t1&th=1

Is it any good?

Speakers not a requirement but would be good if possible. Primarily be used in a double monitor configuration with laptop. Should be good for typing.

IPS will be my choice, cheap VA panels aren't great.

There are LG, Samsung & BenQ options under 9k.
www.amazon.in/LG-24MP60G-Free-sync-Display-Monitor/dp/B09GW8CXM1
This has HDMI & a DP, DP is a superior port than HDMI (like can use VRR gsync).

Speakers on monitors are useless, gaming laptop speakers seem to be better. Better get 500-600 basic speakers instead.

icyarm

Right off the assembly line
If energy efficiency is not an issue you can go for used TV monitors within this range. OLX has plenty of options with used but good as new products from LG Samsung with up to 3 years of usable life left in them. I managed to snag a 2017 Full HD LG monitor for 2.5K last year.

If buying new I would recommend that you go for a monitor with at least 2-3 year warranty on the panel as well as some eye-care function. I speak from my experience in using a Bwnq 24" Full HD monitor from 2014 onwards.

Cheap Acer monitors can be had with full HD resolution at this price, but it's better to wait for deals on Benq 24" models with VA panels in the case of Movies and AOC IPS panels in the case of Gaming.

You may manage to get a square model 19" monitor for free with the awesome 1280 x 1024 resolution for free at your local recycler.

DO NOT BUY a TV for monitor usage, many of them don't have RGB sub-pixel layout, will affect text clarity. Surely cleartype on Windows helps to a certain extent, but better not be in this situation.

Check rtings.com review of original Gigabyte M27Q (not rev 2) & check text clarity section.

OP
RumbaMon19

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Between this samsung monitor, and the LG monitor, which one is a better choice? I am only considering samsung because the ports on it at an 90 degree angle so The plug of HDMI wont stick out on the back and hit the wall.

Samsung Monitor -
*amzn.eu/d/hRSbs1Z

LG Monitor -
www.amazon.in/LG-24MP60G-Free-sync-Display-Monitor/dp/B09GW8CXM1

Last edited:
Between this samsung monitor, and the LG monitor, which one is a better choice? I am only considering samsung because the ports on it at an 90 degree angle so The plug of HDMI wont stick out on the back and hit the wall.

Samsung Monitor -

LG Monitor -
No one will know for sure unless they buy both. I'd avoid Dell because I have personally found them to be inferior. BenQ, Samsung & LG are good. I linked a LG one exclusively earlier for its DP port, so is my choice.

I will be using it in double monitor configuration with a laptop, So I dont have DP-Port anyways on it, Will have to stick to HDMI.
You know, converters exist. I will pick DP over VGA/D sub anyday. It is superior to HDMI in certain ways. That LG one has HDMI & DP, so your call.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Didn't VG240YS went down to 9k on sale recently?

www.flipkart.com/acer-nitro-23-8-inch-full-hd-led-backlit-ips-panel-gaming-monitor-vg240y/p/itm0cedfb5040f99

9.7k - 10% bank discount ~ 8.8k

Didn't VG240YS went down to 9k on sale recently?

www.flipkart.com/acer-nitro-23-8-inch-full-hd-led-backlit-ips-panel-gaming-monitor-vg240y/p/itm0cedfb5040f99

9.7k - 10% bank discount ~ 8.8k
Great deal, easily the best choice under 11k IMO, more expensive ones just have a better stand. I'm using it since 3.5 years @RumbaMon19

OP
RumbaMon19

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
You know, converters exist. I will pick DP over VGA/D sub anyday. It is superior to HDMI in certain ways. That LG one has HDMI & DP, so your call.

You Mean, using a HDMI to DP converter will boost the quality? Or atleast provide better output compared to what alone HDMI would give?

You Mean, using a HDMI to DP converter will boost the quality? Or atleast provide better output compared to what alone HDMI would give?
No, when did I say that.

Most monitors have HDMI + VGA/D sub port, like the Samsung one. LG 24MP60G has HDMI, DP & VGA ports, so 3 vs 2 of Samsung. Read carefully & please read the specs.

Also, Acer VG240Ys is under 9k, is better than the LG 24MP60G, has 2x HDMI ports that you want & 1x DP port, so 3 modern ports. Again, READ THE SPECS at least.

OP
RumbaMon19

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
You know, converters exist.
I didn't get the context of mentioning this here then. I will be using HDMI and Don't have Display Port on my laptop, as I mentioned before also. I will be just connecting one monitor with my laptop.

And I am not aiming towards Acer because my experience with Flipkart has not been good previously and won't bet on them again.

Also, I have READ THE SPECS, and I only actually need a single HDMI port, as I mentioned before.

Anyways thanks.

I didn't get the context of mentioning this here then. I will be using HDMI and Don't have Display Port on my laptop, as I mentioned before also. I will be just connecting one monitor with my laptop.

And I am not aiming towards Acer because my experience with Flipkart has not been good previously and won't bet on them again.

Also, I have READ THE SPECS, and I only actually need a single HDMI port, as I mentioned before.

Anyways thanks.
4. Types and number of ports required? HDMI must, would be good if it has 2 HDMIs but not a compulsion.
You are the one that said 2 HDMIs would be nice, most monitors have 1x HDMI port by default. Hence I was concentrating on remaining ports.

Acer VG240Ys is easily superior to LG or Samsung that were being considered, just grab it ASAP is all I can say. It usually sells for 11k+, but does get price cuts like this at times.

OP
RumbaMon19

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
You are the one that said 2 HDMIs would be nice, most monitors have 1x HDMI port by default. Hence I was concentrating on remaining ports.

Acer VG240Ys is easily superior to LG or Samsung that were being considered, just grab it ASAP is all I can say. It usually sells for 11k+, but does get price cuts like this at times.
Got it, My bad, I actually misinterpreted what you said before.... Sorry for that....

Anyways, I ended up buying that acer one which you guys recommended, although did not get card discount as it didnt had any offer on HDFC cards. But still for the price it seemed a good enough deal to me.

thanks @omega44-xt & @SaiyanGoku for helping out!!

Top Bottom