2005 Game Critics Awards Winners

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Spore cleans up with four awards

Last night, the results of the 2005 Game Critics Awards (GCAs) were announced. Spike TV had the honor of first unveiling the winners. The awards were determined by group of over thirty independent journalists, from sources like PSM, CNN/Money, and the Los Angeles Times, voting on what made the biggest impression at E3.

Standing head and tails above everything else is Will Wright's new brainchild Spore. The title won four awards, including Best in Show, Best Original Game, Best PC Game, and Best Simulation Game. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was the only other nominee to win multiple awards. It won two, one for Best Console Game, and another for Best Action/Adventure game. The spectacular and controversial Killzone 2 trailer won a Special Commendation for Graphics and PlayStation 3 won Best Peripheral / Hardware.

Full list of GCA winners are as follows:

Best of Show
Spore (Maxis/Electronic Arts for PC)

Best Original Game

Best PC Game

Best Console Game
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo for GameCube)

Best Handheld Game
Nintendogs (Nintendo for Nintendo DS)

Best Peripheral / Hardware
PlayStation 3 (Sony Computer Entertainment /Nvidia/IBM)

Best Action Game
F.E.A.R. (Monolith Productions/Vivendi Universal Games for PC)

Best Action/Adventure Game
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Nintendo for GameCube)

Best Fighting Game
Soul Calibur III (Namco for PlayStation 2)

Best Role Playing Game
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Bethesda Software for PC / Xbox 360)

Best Racing Game
Burnout Revenge (Criterion Games/Electronic Arts for PlayStation 2/Xbox)

Best Simulation Game

Best Sports Game
Madden NFL 06 (EA Sports/Electronic Arts for All Platforms)

Best Strategy Game
Company of Heroes (Relic/THQ for PC)

Best Puzzle/Trivia/Parlor Game
We Love Katamari (Namco for PlayStation 2)

Best Online Multiplayer Game
Battlefield 2 (Digital Illusions/THQ /Electronic Arts for PC)

Special Commendation for Graphics
Killzone 2 (Guerilla Games/Sony Computer Entertainment Europe for PS3)

source

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
He did not watch the telecast @achacko. He got the information off a gaming site. Can't you see the source at the end of the post?

Spore seems very, very interesting. I hope the gameplay is as interesting too when it comes out. I see that F.E.A.R. got an award too. After all, IGN called it scary good :D

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
A-ha !!!!! F.E.A.R. has 2 get the award .. I played the BETA prerelease version..the graphics was unbelievable...even though its optimum sys req (3.0 Gigs Pro + 2GB RAM + 6800 Ultra gfx) was much higher than mine rig (2.6 Gigs + 1 GB RAM + 5700 Ultra) ... the ultra quality demo ran on my rig in timedemo mode at 8 FPS only !!!! the graphics qual. was really..really awesum..left me flabbergasted..

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
rockthegod said:
A-ha !!!!! F.E.A.R. has 2 get the award .. I played the BETA prerelease version..the graphics was unbelievable...even though its optimum sys req (3.0 Gigs Pro + 2GB RAM + 6800 Ultra gfx) was much higher than mine rig (2.6 Gigs + 1 GB RAM + 5700 Ultra) ... the ultra quality demo ran on my rig in timedemo mode at 8 FPS only !!!! the graphics qual. was really..really awesum..left me flabbergasted..

Depressing ............................................................system req's :(

Biplav

In the zone
yah man these fellows shud come with some nice game that shud atleast decently run on a low end computer.!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom