2 monitors, 15k each, text based work + watching videos | 5k - Docking station and monitor mount

Korrupt

Broken In
1. Budget?
: 15k for each monitor. Total 30k.
5k for docking station and Monitor stand/

2. Display type and size?
: The bigger the better. I've seen it mentioned here that 24" is the biggest I should go for with 1080p, and I don't think I'll get a 4k in that budget? But if yes, then great.

3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily?
Programming, documentation, reading articles - heavy text based work. Some Netflix.
No gaming at all.

4. Types and number of ports required?
No idea sorry. I want to use both monitors with two laptops - HP Pavilion AU 620TX, and Macbook Pro 16".
The HP laptop has a HDMI port and USB 3 ports, and the Macbook has 4 Thunderbolt 3 ports.
I'm willing to pay extra to purchase a dock.

5. Preferred choice of brand?
No preference

6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
None.

7. Any other info that you want to share.

I would like to put one monitor vertically, and I'm willing to invest additional 2-3k for a dual monitor stand.

I saw that there is another thread with similar requirements - < 15k Monitor for Work & Reading - but it's 6 months old so I figured new models might have come up. Apologies if they haven't.

Last edited:
OP
K

Korrupt

Broken In
Would you be gaming on any of these monitors? Would you prefer going for lower priced 60-75Hz Monitor instead of a 144-165 Hz one?
No gaming at all.
As long as it's under 15k/monitor, I'm happy with either of the refresh rates. (It's the budget decided by my employer).
Will the higher refresh rate be better for text-based work? And will my laptops support it? I tried checking but couldn't find that information.

Get 2x BenQ GW2480 or Dell E series for 10k, should be enough. Anyways you will be getting a stand, so no point spending more for monitors with fancy height-adjustable stand.
Amazon.in: Buy Dell E2420HS 24 Inch (60.9 cm) FHD (1920 x 1080) LED Backlit LCD IPS Monitor with Display Port,HDMI Port,VGA Ports and inbuilt Speaker. Online at Low Prices in India | Dell Reviews & Ratings

Or another option is a 27/32" 1440p monitor + a 24" 1080p monitor.
Amazon.in: Buy Lenovo 27-inch 2560x1440 QHD IPS Panel NearEdgeless Monitor - Q27q-10-2x3W Speakers, 16:9 Aspect Ratio, 75Hz, 4ms, 300 nits Brightness, AMD FreeSync, TUV Rheinland Eye Care,1HDMI+DP Ports,HDMI Cable Online at Low Prices in India | Lenovo Reviews & Ratings

I think both monitors are VESA 100x100. You will need a dual monitor stand like this:
AmazonBasics Dual Monitor Stand - Height-Adjustable Arm Mount, Steel - Buy AmazonBasics Dual Monitor Stand - Height-Adjustable Arm Mount, Steel Online at Low Price in India - Amazon.in

OP
K

Korrupt

Broken In
Thanks! I like the idea of getting a cheaper basic model, and a more expensive good model. I'll go with this, thank you!

Top Bottom