2 Laptops required - 15.6" Gaming Laptop & 14" Multimedia Notebook - Combined Budget 1.1 lakh

2kool2btrue

In the zone
Hello everyone!

After arriving at a purchase decision for my own laptop(thanks to the helpful people on this forum) I would once again seek assistance of the knowledgeable in recommending 2 laptops for my friend and his sister.

Okay, so here go the nitty gritties -

What's your Budget? - Combined budget of 1.1 lakh Rupees

Laptop 1 (for the friend)-

Q. What will be your primary usage for the notebook be?
A. AutoCAD, Photoshop, Multimedia, office apps and of course Gaming (BF4, AC4, COD Ghosts, NFS Rivals, BF3, FIFA 14)!

Q. What size and weight considerations do you have?
A. Mainstream - 15.6"

Q. Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest?
A. Nope

Q. Any other considerations?
A. Has to have an i7 processor, a 900p or higher display, USB 3 ports, Good sound. Chicklet keyboard

I've considered the following laptops -

1. Samsung NP550P5C-S05IN - Samsung NP550P5C-S05IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) Rs. 59990.0 Price in India - Buy Samsung NP550P5C-S05IN Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) Silver Online - Samsung: Flipkart.com

2. Lenovo Y510P - Lenovo Ideapad Y510 Series (59-390016) Laptop (4th Generation Intel Core i7-4700MQ- 8 GB RAM- 1 TB HDD- 15.4 Inches- Windows 8- 2GB NVIDIA GT 750 N14P-GT1 Graphics) (Dusk Black) - Buy Online @ Best Price | Snapdeal.com

Laptop 2 (for his sister) -

1. Q. What will be your primary usage for the notebook be?
A. Multimedia, office apps and moderate Gaming at medium-high settings(AA not required). Games would include(NFS Rivals, FIFA 14, GRID 2, Batman AA, AC, AO)

Q. What size and weight considerations do you have?
A. Small - 14" or lower

Q. Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest?
A. Nope

Q. Any other considerations?
A. Should have a capable GPU, good vibrant display, USB 3 ports, Good sound. Chicklet keyboard, Good Battery life

I've considered the following laptops -

1. Dell Inspiron N5437 - Dell Inspiron N5437 Laptop (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/2GB Graph) Rs. 52490.0 Price in India - Buy Dell Inspiron N5437 Laptop (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/2GB Graph) Moon Sliver Online - Dell: Flipkart.com

2. Sony Vaio F14218 (Discontinued?) - Sony Vaio F14218 (3rd Gen Intel Core i5- 4GB DDR3- 500GB- 14 Inch- Windows 8- NVIDIA GT 740M 1GB) (Black) - Buy Online @ Best Price | Snapdeal.com

I was thinking of getting him a Samsung NP550(60k) and a Sony Vaio F14218 (42k). What do you guys suggest?

PS - The budget is strictly 1.1 Lakh.

Thanks!

OP
2kool2btrue

2kool2btrue

In the zone
Laptop 1 y510p
Laptop 2 dell 14r
^ +1 to this..

1. Does the Y510p have an mSATA slot? Alternatively, can I add an SSD via opti bay? How much does this laptop sell for offline? (In Nehru Place, New Delhi preferably)

2. Please suggest 1 alternative for both the laptops just in case the friend doesn't like something. (Asking since he's not much of a fan of Lenovo. He's discontent with its service center [previous laptop fiasco]) Though I'll try to convince him for it.

3. How does the Sony Vaio compare with the Dell 14R?

Thanks guys!

$hadow

Geek in making
1. Does the Y510p have an mSATA slot? Alternatively, can I add an SSD via opti bay? How much does this laptop sell for offline? (In Nehru Place, New Delhi preferably)

2. Please suggest 1 alternative for both the laptops just in case the friend doesn't like something. (Asking since he's not much of a fan of Lenovo. He's discontent with its service center [previous laptop fiasco]) Though I'll try to convince him for it.

3. How does the Sony Vaio compare with the Dell 14R?

Thanks guys!

Answers to your questions
1. yes you can add ssd via msata slot. No idea regarding opti bay. Price will be around 75k or more
2. Well it is the vfm no other company is selling anything with such specs at such a price.
Dell is best what you can get since it has got every thing as per your requirements with the dell service.

OP
2kool2btrue

2kool2btrue

In the zone
Answers to your questions
1. yes you can add ssd via msata slot. No idea regarding opti bay. Price will be around 75k or more
2. Well it is the vfm no other company is selling anything with such specs at such a price.
Dell is best what you can get since it has got every thing as per your requirements with the dell service.

Okay.. I'll get him the Y510P then and isn't the Sony at par with 14R?

(With context to my laptop) Can the 7670m hold its ground for another year? [I can play recent games (with or without CrossFire) on medium settings at 768p]

$hadow

Geek in making
Okay.. I'll get him the Y510P then and isn't the Sony at par with 14R?

(With context to my laptop) Can the 7670m hold its ground for another year? [I can play recent games (with or without CrossFire) on medium settings at 768p]

One simple sentence mate I have always disliked Sony. So I never suggest anyone to buy it. Sometimes because of poor built quality and sometimes they are overpriced. Dell provides a good deal in terms of budget section.

OP
2kool2btrue

2kool2btrue

In the zone
One simple sentence mate I have always disliked Sony. So I never suggest anyone to buy it. Sometimes because of poor built quality and sometimes they are overpriced. Dell provides a good deal in terms of budget section.

okay.. and about the 7670m part?

AbhMkh

Ambassador of Buzz
Well ...

1. Lenovo Y510P(4700MQ+750M): Pretty much the best gaming config below 80K in India

2. Dell Inspiron 14R

Check for Dell Inspiron 14R Laptop price list in India | Compuindia

740M is pretty much the best budget GPU available in India, Its still a pathetic GPU and it doesn't stand a chance against the likes of AMD 8850M and GT 750M, but it gets the job done.

Cheers!
Abhijit

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Well ...

1. Lenovo Y510P(4700MQ+750M): Pretty much the best gaming config below 80K in India

2. Dell Inspiron 14R

Check for Dell Inspiron 14R Laptop price list in India | Compuindia

740M is pretty much the best budget GPU available in India, Its still a pathetic GPU and it doesn't stand a chance against the likes of AMD 8850M and GT 750M, but it gets the job done.

Cheers!
Abhijit

hi again, Lenovo Y510 is the best gaming laptop below 1 lakh.

Top Bottom