1TB SSD for desktop

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I want to replace my present HDD with it. Looking for a middle of the ground unit. Budget as well as performance wise.

M2 type.

Was looking at Crucial P2 but suddenly 1TB version is out of stock everywhere.

Samsung 980 for 8.5k is good, else SN570 for like 7.5k. Those are general sale prices, even cheaper with other offers. Bought 980 for friend for under 8k last month.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Samsung 980 for 8.5k is good, else SN570 for like 7.5k. Those are general sale prices, even cheaper with other offers. Bought 980 for friend for under 8k last month.
+ @SaiyanGoku

Have the same mobo at home. It does not support m.2 nvme ssd. The case that we are using has no space to fix a 2.5"ssd. Can we keep the ssd on the bottom of the case as it is?
I need a lot of space but unfortunately have fixed budget. System will be used for browsing+typing work+for backup for like 4-5 hours a month max. So, considering the usage sticking with a dram less ssd like curcial bx series maybe 120gb. Sounds good? Coming to the hdd part, is toshiba/seagate available from some reputed seller online? Looking for 1.5tb or 2tb hdd.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
+ @SaiyanGoku

Have the same mobo at home. It does not support m.2 nvme ssd. The case that we are using has no space to fix a 2.5"ssd. Can we keep the ssd on the bottom of the case as it is?
I need a lot of space but unfortunately have fixed budget. System will be used for browsing+typing work+for backup for like 4-5 hours a month max. So, considering the usage sticking with a dram less ssd like curcial bx series maybe 120gb. Sounds good? Coming to the hdd part, is toshiba/seagate available from some reputed seller online? Looking for 1.5tb or 2tb hdd.
Yes, you don't need to mount a 2.5" ssd. Consider getting the 240GB version as the price difference isn't that much.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
It is an okay option for older hardware, especially when switching from a HDD. For newer machines, I won't suggest it as a boot drive.
*www.amazon.in/dp/B0722XPTL6

Edit- Just checked that this is with dram. How are they providing with dram in this budget? How is the after sales service? Nothing is mentioned about warranty on that page.

Top Bottom