15k phone for Dad.

$hadow

Geek in making
1. Budget? 16k can extend 2k more
2. Display type and size? 4+
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip? Bar
4. Preferred choice of brand?No Indian brand
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type). Touchscreen
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera. Will be needed for low light photography as well.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc). Any will do.
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly. 3g, wifi
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)? Gps is must
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)? Very less gaming, email, camera, internet. Good music quality if possible.
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Xperia I and Nokia lumia 720 or 820
12. Any other info that you want to share
This will be used by my Dad and he has uptill now only used symbian OS. So any new OS can he purchased since he is not used to any. And I also want to know about the warranty of Nokia phone is it still available in India after buyout from Microsoft.

vijju6091

Feeling Gravity
The Flipkart cashback offer: Best smartphone deals and the fineprint - Mobile Phone | ThinkDigit Features

As per Above news Nokia Lumia 920 Is Around 20k on flipkart. if you stretch your budget to that then that is best option available as L920 has one of industry leading camera, great display, powerful soc, (One of the best wp handset)

This is the best deal IMO.

for 820 and 720 :-
820 has 1GB RAM Which is good for some games where battery of L720 is better then L820 and WP8 is optimized that even on 512MB RAM Normal Day to Day tasks can be done without any glitch.

But best offer is For L920 IMO. (best VFM if you don't want an android )

sushovan

In the zone
Galaxy Core and Grand Quattro are some of the worst handsets ever released. Xperia L or Lenovo P780 is better.

ashs1

Padawan
i'd say go for L720 or if you can increase your budget, the L920. L720's camera is way better than Xperia L. &

your dad's main usage is ( Very less gaming, email, camera, internet. Good music quality if possible. ), you have 2 choices :

1. either go for the Xperia L which has average camera/battery life but excellent appstore
2. or go for Lumia 720 which has excellent camera ( works gr8 in lowlight too ) ,decent battery life, but a limited appstore ( its growing fast though ).

I'd say if your dad's not much of a app user, L720's the best

OP
$hadow

$hadow

Geek in making
Bought lumia 920 for 21k
Requesting mods to close the thread.
Thanx for your suggestions guys.

Top Bottom