144hz monitor under 20k

Only for tasks like typing etc,for multimedia usage even 40" is good enough for 1080p & I assuming gaming would be too.
Thing is, monitors are usually kept closer than a TV, so low ppi is more noticeable. 40" or even 32" aren't good for 1080p monitors IMO. But considering costs, you can't exactly get a 144Hz 1440p for anywhere near 20k (unless bought from the US).

I am utterly confused upon which monitor to buy. TN or ips
IPS is the better one, unless you want the absolute lowest response time from monitor. The Acer ones are the only IPS options even though their model numbers say they are 75Hz. But user reviews confirm that they are indeed 144Hz as mentioned in Amazon, so go for one of them IMO.

OP
mayurthemad01

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
I feel I would buy this one:
*www.amazon.in › Acer-KG2...
Web results
Buy Acer KG241QP 23.6" 1 MS 144Hz Full HD Gaming Monitor 2 X HDMI 1 X ... - Amazon.in
Low response rate monitor would be better I think.

Seriously, get one of these IPS ones:
*www.amazon.in/dp/B07WLW8QWN/
*www.amazon.in/Acer-Nitro-VG270P-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B07VZ5TWVV
Both have "verified purchasers" stating that it is indeed 144Hz IPS. So maybe sellers mentioned wrong model number or maybe they updated it recently starting with India.

OP
mayurthemad01

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
Seriously, get one of these IPS ones:
*www.amazon.in/dp/B07WLW8QWN/
*www.amazon.in/Acer-Nitro-VG270P-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B07VZ5TWVV
Both have "verified purchasers" stating that it is indeed 144Hz IPS. So maybe sellers
mentioned wrong model number or maybe t
updated it recently starting with India.
Yes sir I really understand what you are trying to say but I was saying that low response rate monitor in TN panels would be better than ips panel which has great viewing angle in terms of gaming.

Yes sir I really understand what you are trying to say but I was saying that low response rate monitor in TN panels would be better than ips panel which has great viewing angle in terms of gaming.
Are you a pro-gamer who earns money through gaming? Or are in top 0.1% rank of PvP games that you play?

If no, then you can't see a difference between 1ms & 10ms response time & likely don't have the skill to use it. As goku said, you won't be playing 24x7, so IPS is better for other tasks.

My answer might seem harsh, but I didn't notice a huge improvement in experience moving from a shitty (maybe 30-40ms?) 60Hz IPS laptop to a 10ms 144Hz IPS laptop display in terms of smoothness. I can feel new display is better but I mostly observed its better color reproduction & contrast than low response rate or 144Hz. I might not have complained much if it was a similar quality 60Hz display but I could afford it, so went for 144Hz.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
I think they do it if listing & actual product are different. 75Hz & 144Hz are different hardware wise.

Yes but in that case, they would still prioritize the option of "exchanging" the product with the correct one instead of direct refund. If the seller doesn't have the correct product in stock, only then the amount is refunded. Hopefully a day would come when this return process in India would be as lenient as in western countries. :(

Randy_Marsh

Youngling

Even if its IPS, its definitely a cheap IPS panel but still would be better than the TN model. Don't think much and go for VG270P one.

OP
mayurthemad01

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
Hmm, I guess I have to go with the ips monitor. After I watched this video I wasn't convinced with the Acer nitro 75hz monitor thinking the quality would not be good.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hmm, I guess I have to go with the ips monitor. After I watched this video I wasn't convinced with the Acer nitro 75hz monitor thinking the quality would not be good.
That's a different model than the Indian 144Hz one probably (then there are no reviews for Indian variant). Get 144Hz IPS monitor instead of 60Hz IPS or 144Hz TN.

Yes but in that case, they would still prioritize the option of "exchanging" the product with the correct one instead of direct refund. If the seller doesn't have the correct product in stock, only then the amount is refunded. Hopefully a day would come when this return process in India would be as lenient as in western countries. :(
India will never have returns as lenient as the US because of Indian mentality. Many US retailers charge a small restocking fee as well, but Indians will exploit the hell out of the system. I know Indians in the US who have ordered premium speakers for a birthday party & then returned it, such practice will be much more common in India.

Obviously, first they replace it in India, then refund. But now we know that the monitor is indeed 144Hz IPS one, so OP can go for it IMO. Not sure why it uses the same model number as international ones which have 75Hz.

OP
mayurthemad01

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
Hello everyone, just wanted to update that I have ordered Acer nitro VG0PY 24 INCH monitor for rs-15999. Have seen other reviews so I hope the product should be good.
Wanted to thank everyone who helped me in my query so Thank you so much everybody.

OP
mayurthemad01

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
Finally got my Acer nitro monitor. It's quite refreshing to see games in 144hz. Quite smooth must say that. Thanks to this forum and it's members that I was able to get the correct info and brought the monitor.
Thank you everyone

Top Bottom