144hz monitor under 20k

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
Hello everyone, I want buy a 144hz monitor for gaming purposes, my budget is 20k kindly require suggestions which one would be good. Thank you

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.amazon.in/Asus-VG248QE-Monitor-response-Refresh/dp/B00B2HH7G0?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_10

Do note that you also need a graphics card like 1060 6gb or equivalent & higher to take benefit of 144Hz monitor.Also you need display port on graphics card(already there on any good card nowadays) & a display port cable.

OP
mayurthemad01

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
*www.amazon.in/Asus-VG248QE-Monitor-response-Refresh/dp/B00B2HH7G0?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_10

Do note that you also need a graphics card like 1060 6gb or equivalent & higher to take benefit of 144Hz monitor.Also you need display port on graphics card(already there on any good card nowadays) & a display port cable.
Sir, I have an gtx1050 2gb model, won't that work ? We only play dota and mortal Kombat.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sir, I have an gtx1050 2gb model, won't that work ? We only play dota and mortal Kombat.
Then forget about 144MHz monitors & just get a good large 1080p 60/75Hz monitor.Minimum for a 144MHz monitor is Nvidia 1660/1060 6gb/AMD RX580.
*www.amazon.in/LG-23-8-Borderless-Monitor-Built/dp/B01BGI6GZC/

^ I don't think that has IPS panel. IMO even VA panel is good but not TN ones.
Missed that but isn't screen refresh rate/response time a priority for pc gamers over colour accuracy(aka IPS) not to mention unlike movie viewing one would be playing games sitting straight in front of monitor(so no IPS wide viewing angles advantage too).

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Missed that but isn't screen refresh rate/response time a priority for pc gamers over colour accuracy(aka IPS) not to mention unlike movie viewing one would be playing games sitting straight in front of monitor(so no IPS wide viewing angles advantage too).
Yes higher refresh rates are good for fast paced games like PUBG or Apex or CS GO where even a split second delay may result in a loss. Earlier only TN panels used to have very high refresh rates. But there are 144 Hz monitors with VA or IPS panels so it makes no sense to spend money on TN panels now.

OP
mayurthemad01

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
Well I get 120fps in dota 2, isn't that enough to play in 144hz and I don't need the 3d feature. Just being able to play in 144hz would be great for me.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
3d feature is for use with nvidia 3d vision kit(sold separately) so unless you also plan on buying that,it cannot be considered as monitor feature.As for gaming,I am not a gamer so wait for others(120fps in 144Hz monitor) but isn't it overspending just to play a single game with a 144Hz monitor.

OP
mayurthemad01

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
3d feature is for use with nvidia 3d vision kit(sold separately) so unless you also plan on buying that,it cannot be considered as monitor feature.As for gaming,I am not a gamer so wait for others(120fps in 144Hz monitor) but isn't it overspending just to play a single game with a 144Hz monitor.
Sir, I don't have a monitor to use with my pc. That's why I wanted to buy. Maybe I will upgrade my graphics card later. Still I would like your suggestion on this monitor.
*www.amazon.in/Acer-KG241QP-Gaming-...7RH1122QJX4&psc=1&refRID=JDGVP1WPG7RH1122QJX4

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
I have just bought one so I can give some advice.
1. *www.amazon.in/Asus-VG248QE-Monitor-response-Refresh/dp/B00B2HH7G0?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_10 - This model has great reviews, but it doesn't have freesync. I feel freesync is a must, especially for fast paced gaming. You can watch videos on youtube comparing freesync vs no freesync at 144 Hz and you will see the difference. Also, this monitor is unnecessarily costly because of nvidia 3D support which is a waste for most of the gamers.
2. *www.amazon.in/Acer-KG241QP-...7RH1122QJX4&psc=1&refRID=JDGVP1WPG7RH1122QJX4 - This has freesync, but it is 24" and with 300 nits maximum brightness. I found one other Acer model with better specs so I bought that, which is this:

*www.amazon.in/Acer-KG271-Cbmidpx-27-inch-Monitor/dp/B07L4144TV - This model is 27" 1080p with 400 nits max. brightness and freesync. All the other models are usually 24" in this budget. To be honest, I found this to be a great deal. The brightness is really good with this one, has special gaming profiles and good display quality. Costs approx. 18k.

TN vs IPS vs VA quality difference?: I haven't experienced VA panels yet, but from gamer point of view I can say that TN panels isn't bad at all. I also have LG 24MP88HV which is a good IPS monitor (*www.amazon.in/LG-23-8-Borderless-Monitor-Built/dp/B01BGI6GZC), but the difference in quality isn't that much even for multimedia content. But yes, the viewing angles aren't good. All in all, TN panels are great for most of the gamers out there.

@SaiyanGoku Aren't 144Hz IPS panels costlier, easily above 20K?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Well I get 120fps in dota 2, isn't that enough to play in 144hz
Correct me if I'm wrong here.
120fps on a 144Hz monitor means for each time the image refreshes, the rendered image would have 120/144 frames (so some frame would be retained each time from previous render and may cause screen tearing/ghosting). Variable refresh rate (like freesync and g-sync) eliminates this issue.
I haven't played DOTA so don't know if it'll actually affect the chances of winning.

Anyway, you can just switch v-sync on and dial down the settings to get 144fps locked. This will make sure you get a single frame for every single refresh.
Unless you are able to max out your current GPU and you consider it as a bottleneck, don't upgrade it.

Sir, I don't have a monitor to use with my pc. That's why I wanted to buy. Maybe I will upgrade my graphics card later. Still I would like your suggestion on this monitor.
*www.amazon.in/Acer-KG241QP-Gaming-...7RH1122QJX4&psc=1&refRID=JDGVP1WPG7RH1122QJX4
You can attach even an integrated GPU desktop to a 144Hz display but the problem is, its overkill for your PC. GTX 1050 can't hit high fps in a lot of competitive games. If you play just DOTA 2 & CS GO, maybe its worth it. Unless you plan to upgrade your whole PC in the next year or two, not much point investing in a 144Hz display. You will need to spend ~50k for an upgrade to i5/R5 + GTX 1660 rig or its equivalent in future. Considering GTX 1050, I doubt the rest of the specs are that powerful to handle a 20k GPU if you decide to just replace GPU.

If you want a 144Hz monitor, I feel the Acer 27" one for 18k is a good one. TN panels are fine for gaming, IPS is better but expensive as well. Otherwise, you can get good 22" 1080p 60Hz monitors for 8-9k.

OP
mayurthemad01

mayurthemad01

Journeyman
Buy BENQ XL2411P 24 INCH MONITOR at Lowest Price in India - www.mdcomputers.in
Or *www.amazon.in/Acer-KG271-Cbmidpx-2...3BDZHE6Z6QN&psc=1&refRID=QY4QP6GP03BDZHE6Z6QN.
Which one would be good to use ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Benq one doesn't have free sync but it does quote this,any thoughts @SaiyanGoku @anupam_pb @Randy_Marsh
upload_2019-8-9_22-51-13.png

Top Bottom