1440p 144Hz 27inch Monitor under INR 40k

Neo

Pretty much the title. Need a 1440p 144Hz 27inch flatscreen monitor.
Will be used for a mix of gaming(Dota2, apex, COD, Witcher), watching movies, reading and writing text.
Will be using it with RTX2070S.

Budget: Preferably under 40k
Buying: online or Delhi, first week of December.

Would a 4k 60Hz monitor be better than 2k 144Hz? 4k monitors are cheaper and have more options to choose from, and they also look good aesthetically.

I did find some suitable monitors but can't decide on one, should I just go with any?
Hp 27xq
Aoc ag271qx
Acer nitro XV272U
Acer nitro VG271U

Thanks.

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
4k 60fps is definitely better for movies, as long as you sit a 1.5 arms length away (normal computer distance). beyond that it wont matter much.
Also dont go by entry level HDR monitors, they are pretty crap, i absolutely hate it.

I cant recommend you a monitor though, wait for others to reply.

There is some wierd ass corner going red issue in 4k panels from multiple brands (LG, Dell, Acer, HP). It usually occurs after 8-9 months of continuous usage. Thats why I'm not recommending my own monitor to you (LG UK series). I had got it replaced and got a higher version but I lost my faith in LG. (or atleast this particular IPS 4k panel)

*www.amazon.in/LG-Ultragear-Gaming-...r_1_1?keywords=LG+gk650&qid=1574502700&sr=8-1
This is a 1440p 144Hz VA panel, it suits your needs, has good reviews as well. VA panel has great contrast. I think Hardware Unboxed on youtube reviewed it as well. LG GK850 would have been a better choice & would have likely been priced at 40k or so, but sadly it doesn't seem to be available in India.

Another choice is Acer VG271U, which has an IPS panel with HDR support. But the screen size is smaller & contrast is noticeably lower as well. So decide 1 among them IMO.

Acer VG271UP vs LG 32GK650F-B Side-by-Side Monitor Comparison

As you have gaming as a usage, that too fast-paced competive ones like DOTA 2, Apex & CoD, better to have a higher refresh rate monitor than a 4K 60Hz. 2070S can push 4K in a lot of games at high/ultra but 1440p might be sufficient. Also, it's said that it is better to run at native resolution than to run at a lower one, like running at 1440p on a 4K panel leads to some blurriness as multiple pixels are showing just 1 pixel.

Acer XV272U seems to have wider color coverage & better stand compared to VG271U. Never heard much about good HP monitors & AOC is usually a budget option. That AOC one is TN, so better to avoid that. Get VA or IPS.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Pretty much the title. Need a 1440p 144Hz 27inch flatscreen monitor.
Will be used for a mix of gaming(Dota2, apex, COD, Witcher), watching movies, reading and writing text.
Will be using it with RTX2070S.

Budget: Preferably under 40k
Buying: online or Delhi, first week of December.

Would a 4k 60Hz monitor be better than 2k 144Hz? 4k monitors are cheaper and have more options to choose from, and they also look good aesthetically.

I did find some suitable monitors but can't decide on one, should I just go with any?
Hp 27xq
Aoc ag271qx
Acer nitro XV272U
Acer nitro VG271U

Thanks.
See the reviews in amazon.in once:
*www.amazon.in/LG-Ultragear-Gaming-Monitor-Freesync/dp/B07FLGR2PN
LG 32GK650F 32" QHD Gaming Monitor Review

OP
Neo

Neo

thanks for replying all.

32inch screen seems a bit too big, no? I've been using my laptop's 15inch screen all this time and even 27 inch seems big, but I suppose if I keep it at a distance, it'll be okay.

I'm liking the Acer VG271U, it seems good for my needs and also doesn't break the bank. I'm reading about some flickering issues with it though, not sure how I feel about that.
The HDR is bogus for sure though, won't look good at just 400nits brightness.

also, it's available at 31k from a seller called xtronicsapp, while at 35k from Appario. Check here
Is there a catch with buying the cheaper option?

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Depends on you,that seller also seems alright though I wouldn't personally mind spending extra 4k to get it from appario as that is amazon's own official seller. Btw whichever seller you choose,don't forget to make a video recording of the unboxing of the package.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
If you play professionally keep away from the VA panels. The pixel response of va panels are slow, thereby garbage for gaming. VAs are good for watching movies.

OP
Neo

Neo

good advice bro @whitestar_999 I think I'll go with the other seller as that 4k cheaper. will def make a video while unboxing. BTW, if I get a deal pixel or flickering or damaged panel, I can apply for a reship/refund right?

also, @ithehappy isn't VA supposed to be like a good balance between TN (good for pro gaming) and IPS (better colours/viewing angles)? anyway, I don't play that professionally and there isn't any VA panel available in India which suits my needs so fk dat I guess

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Different brands have different replacement/refund policies.e.g.some brands only approve replacement for more than x(usually 3-5) no. of dead pixels while some may replace/repair(here also replacement is preferable to repair but you won't know in advance till you need rma support) it with even 1 dead pixel.For the first 30 days though,amazon should cover almost everything if the seller is amazon fulfilled.

If you play professionally keep away from the VA panels. The pixel response of va panels are slow, thereby garbage for gaming. VAs are good for watching movies.
VA surely has lowest response times compared to IPS & TN, but its not terrible in top tier panels like the one in LG.
good advice bro @whitestar_999 I think I'll go with the other seller as that 4k cheaper. will def make a video while unboxing. BTW, if I get a deal pixel or flickering or damaged panel, I can apply for a reship/refund right?

also, @ithehappy isn't VA supposed to be like a good balance between TN (good for pro gaming) and IPS (better colours/viewing angles)? anyway, I don't play that professionally and there isn't any VA panel available in India which suits my needs so fk dat I guess
TN has the best response times but bad color, contrast & viewing angles.
VA has the best contrast among three (will be toppled by OLED in future), with ok colors & viewing angles.
IPS has best colors & viewing angles, but kind of ok contrast & good enough response rates.

Usually in terms of price, TN < VA < IPS.

The contrast definitely helps for watching movies & playing games. Since you aren't too competitive player, I'd say VA panels are fine. I'd personally get VA for myself as I will appreciate that contrast ratio, usually 3000:1 vs ~1000:1 for IPS.

If you have a desk with enough depth, 32" should be fine if kept at a distance, otherwise 27" is better.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yeah I mean VAs are good, but like I said for watching movies or playing offline games and stuffs (even then I don't like the over the top colours however that personal preference). It was honestly cancerous for me, with the Samsung CFG 144 Hz monitor (forgot the exact model). I kept getting killed like never before. I mean I am dead before even the enemy is shown on the screen in CS: Go. Changed response times, it was slightly better but still crap. Then read what the heck is wrong and found those articles which said VA has slowest pixel response amongst the three panels. Returned it and came back to 60 Hz. God it's a relief. Even though 60 Hz itself is sort of disgusting.

Basically what I am saying is, if you are CS Go player, or online games alike it, and you are not a noob, then stay clear of VA. Otherwise, no problem. There are no good monitor available in India anyway. So you will have to compromise any way you decide to go. Back when I was looking for a decent 144 Hz monitor I remember coming across some Acer Predator model. It was priced around 40k or something too, but as it was out of my budget didn't consider it. Had IPS panel and all.

Yeah I mean VAs are good, but like I said for watching movies or playing offline games and stuffs (even then I don't like the over the top colours however that personal preference). It was honestly cancerous for me, with the Samsung CFG 144 Hz monitor (forgot the exact model). I kept getting killed like never before. I mean I am dead before even the enemy is shown on the screen in CS: Go. Changed response times, it was slightly better but still crap. Then read what the heck is wrong and found those articles which said VA has slowest pixel response amongst the three panels. Returned it and came back to 60 Hz. God it's a relief. Even though 60 Hz itself is sort of disgusting.

Basically what I am saying is, if you are CS Go player, or online games alike it, and you are not a noob, then stay clear of VA. Otherwise, no problem. There are no good monitor available in India anyway. So you will have to compromise any way you decide to go. Back when I was looking for a decent 144 Hz monitor I remember coming across some Acer Predator model. It was priced around 40k or something too, but as it was out of my budget didn't consider it. Had IPS panel and all.
Moving from a bad IPS display of Dell 7559 to that of Alienware m15, maybe 30ms+ to ~15ms of m15, I literally observed no improvement or such which some claim online, playing R6. I'm definitely not a pro, but not noob as well. I feel its usually blown out of proportion. I definitely appreciate the much smoother gameplay, but that's all.

Maybe if you are a pro, it will matter to you, but otherwise, I don't think it does for most players. That is one of the good VA panels and has good response times, just see this:
*static.techspot.com/articles-info/1845/images/2.png

OP
Neo

Neo

Bought Acer VG271U. Holy crap 27inches is big, especially coming from a 15 inch laptop. bought a vesa desk mount for it as well.

Its supposed to be 2k resolution so whys the xrandr giving me the option to switch to 4k res? weird

OP
Neo

Neo

I'm using i3 tiling WM so its even better. I can very comfortably use 2-3 windows on the screen.
Heres the link for the mount

BTW, got the monitor locally for 26K, amazon is ripping off people. The monitor was 34k a month ago, its been 29k for a week now.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Im thinking of buying the exact same mount. My desk is medium sized and having a big ass monitor stand takes up too much space. that mount could be mounted at the end and id get so much more room to keep my speakers and stuff..

OP
Neo

Neo

It seemed good enough and affordable and my experience with Amazon Basics products has been good so far. The mount solves some problems like height adjustment, desk space, hiding cables etc.

Top Bottom