12 GB Ryzen laptop - 50k?

OP
E

elbin.p

Broken In
1595334905645.png

Why does the SSD show that much temp? The laptop is hot to touch on the left underside. Is that where the SSD is?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why does the SSD show that much temp? The laptop is hot to touch on the left underside. Is that where the SSD is?
Adata SX6000 NVMe ssd was/is infamous for its high temps. I am surprised acer used this particular NVMe model for their laptops. However it should not be this high under idle conditions, were you doing some intense read/write operation(or maybe some scan taking place) when you took this measurement.

OP
E

elbin.p

Broken In
Steam client was downloading a game. I did try gaming for some 30 minutes before that.

Temps are down when I turn the laptop on after a while.

1595347800457.png

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Steam client was downloading a game. I did try gaming for some 30 minutes before that.

Temps are down when I turn the laptop on after a while.

View attachment 19300
Then that's normal, this SX6000 series runs hot so any intensive read write task will easily push it to 70C+ but try not to use it in such way often.e.g.wait for ~1 min before using steam client after just finishing a game etc.

OP
E

elbin.p

Broken In
crack.jpg
I see this crack in the laptop case after my visit to the Acer service center. I am pretty certain this happened during their service. But the chat support team says this won't come under warranty. How should I resolve this?

I have sent mail to their support team, is there any other contact where I can escalate this?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
View attachment 19804
I see this crack in the laptop case after my visit to the Acer service center. I am pretty certain this happened during their service. But the chat support team says this won't come under warranty. How should I resolve this?

I have sent mail to their support team, is there any other contact where I can escalate this?
Pretty sure service center guys tightened the screw a bit harder and this lead to the crack.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
You could also register an online complaint with the consumer forum if they refuse.

Why is it so difficult to get competent service in this godforsaken country?

OP
E

elbin.p

Broken In
Yes, they escalated my mail to next level and then refused, saying the damage did not occur at their service center. Let me check how to complaint with consumer forum.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Yes, they escalated my mail to next level and then refused, saying the damage did not occur at their service center. Let me check how to complaint with consumer forum.
Ask them if the laptop was taken out from service center during the RMA period then.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Please do post the location of this service center and name so that we can warn other forum members in case anyone have to deal with these guys.

OP
E

elbin.p

Broken In
How much approximately does a laptop case back cost, just to figure out how much money I am losing.

The service center is
Petra Info soft
Kadavanthra
Kochi

OP
E

elbin.p

Broken In
New problem. Occasionally the processor speed gets limited to 300MHz in battery power. In Windows and Linux. Even reboot does not fix it. But I can just plugin the charger and then remove the charger and all's back to normal. Something's wonky with the power management.

This Acer buy has been a real bummer for me.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
New problem. Occasionally the processor speed gets limited to 300MHz in battery power. In Windows and Linux. Even reboot does not fix it. But I can just plugin the charger and then remove the charger and all's back to normal. Something's wonky with the power management.

This Acer buy has been a real bummer for me.
I don't think kochi has reliable service centres for laptops. Better get it repaired at chennai/bangalore acer service centre.

Top Bottom