10K Phone for Sister

savvy

Broken In
As the title suggests, it is for my sister.. Will be used for multimedia, internet, camera.. She now owns Nokia asha and she is considering new phone because WhatsApp does not work properly..

1. Budget ?
10k, can extend a little bit..

2. Display type and size ?
Touchscreen... 5" or less is preferable, but given the fact that 5.5" has now become standard, 5.5" will also do good I guess if screen-to-body ratio is good..

3. Dual sim ?
Anything will do..

4. Preferred choice of brand ?
Not much to choose I guess.. Good ASS ?

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera) ?
All

6. Preferred operating system ?
Android

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready)
4G not necessary.. Will be used mostly by Wi-Fi for internet..

8. Primary use of handset ?
Will be used as a daily driver ( multimedia, internet, camera).. Gaming is NOT a priority..

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration ?
Asus Zenfone 2 laser ZE500KL
Lenovo k3 note

10. Any other info that you want to share
How good are phones like Infocus M330, Intex aqua power plus, Meizu m2, Honor 4C ?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
After my extensive research on below 10k phone, I have found Lenovo K3 Note to be the best bet. 5.5" with full HD display. Though on short hands it can be quite hard to manage in the long run.

Mi4i is close second if you can get it on sale. 5" with beautiful full HD display. Only clincher is lack of expandable storage. But can get around by using pen drive in OTG.

Then comes Redmi 2 prime, which is also good and best to save some money, since gaming is not a priority. Its 4.7" 720p display. Perfect size for most. 16 gigs of Internal with expandable storage. Saved money can be used to buy cover, tempered glass (a must these days), and a good pair of headphones (like Mi piston, or Soundmagic ES). This phone will be on sale at around 6200. Best bang for money I should say.

I will probably get Redmi 2 Prime for my dad too.

If you need a phone with screen 5" or less, get Redmi 2 Prime. It is sufficient for your sister. Camera is good, best under 7k.

Honor 4C has a great camera(both camera are great actually), my aunt owns it ( I suggested it to her over Redmi 2 Prime because of better camera). As your sister won't use it for gaming & will also don't care about the updates being rolled out late, it is also a good option. It got Lollipop update a month ago. Its only drawback is 8GB internal storage out of which you get 4.3GB usable. Also battery life is average(will easily last for a day). In my opinion that's sufficient for her(storage n battery). She will definitely like its selfie cam & its beauty mode, trust me.

OP
savvy

savvy

Broken In
Thanks for your suggestion guys.. I have missed redmi 2 prime, it seems a perfect phone.. When does the sale on mi4i happen ?

BTW is there any upcoming phone that worth waiting ? She is willing to buy a phone during diwali.. I am saying this because I had waited almost 4 months for my Moto G1 to launch & still now I cherish that I had waited..

Last edited:
Thanks for your suggestion guys.. I have missed redmi 2 prime, it seems a perfect phone.. When does the sale on mi4i happen ?

BTW is there any upcoming phone that worth waiting ? She is willing to buy a phone during diwali.. I am saying this because I had waited almost 4 months for my Moto G1 to launch & still now I cherish that I had waited..

Tomorrow in xiaomi's website

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
I'd suggest a7000 as it has great batter life when brightness is low...I'm using it and make sure you do not hit the phone hard/throw on floor as some reported problems with screen after that...I haven't ant as I have a full protection tpu case and it has fallen down on road many times...when i open the car door :-D

OP
savvy

savvy

Broken In
I am seeing a lot of reviews saying redmi 2 prime's poor call quality.. Anyone own redmi 2 prime here ?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am seeing a lot of reviews saying redmi 2 prime's poor call quality.. Anyone own redmi 2 prime here ?

Asked here:
*www.digit.in/forum/mobiles-tablets/185409-official-xiaomi-discussion-thread-102.html#post2265770

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i have posted some sample pics of asus ZF2 laser(5.5" 550KL).screen quality is good but the best thing is camera.it also has 3000mAh battery & zenui even with its bloatware is still better than any other customized android ui(like xiomi miui,lenovo vibe etc).also according to many asus also has better after sales support compared to xiomi & lenovo.
*www.digit.in/forum/buying-advice/195372-best-android-10k-post2265603.html#post2265603

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Oh damn... added ASUS ZF2 also in my list of phones to buy for dad. :|
More confusion ensues.

OP
savvy

savvy

Broken In
i have posted some sample pics of asus ZF2 laser(5.5" 550KL).screen quality is good but the best thing is camera.it also has 3000mAh battery & zenui even with its bloatware is still better than any other customized android ui(like xiomi miui,lenovo vibe etc).also according to many asus also has better after sales support compared to xiomi & lenovo.
*www.digit.in/forum/buying-advice/195372-best-android-10k-post2265603.html#post2265603
Do you face any issue in focussing while taking picture of far objects ? I have read in a review that due to laser focussing it may have problem in focussing far objects.. I am not concerned with how quick the focussing is, just want to make sure that it can focus without hassle..

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yeah ZF2 is tempting..
Also check honor 4C/4X... You will get confused even more..
Not checking Honor... But there is another entry in the market.. From Acer.

Acer Z630. It's 5.5" 720p display. Yeah, that's only negative point. Full HD resolution should have been on 5.5"'. But rest of specs is too good. 32 GB internal memory with expandable storage. 3 GB RAM. And 4000 mAh battery!

It's tempting at Rs 11k, of course with discount under 10k.

maheshn

Journeyman

Hi, I got 2 (One for my uncle and one for my elder brother) and so far absolutely no issues with call quality. Providers are Vodafone & Idea respectively.

(I myself use a Redmi 1s which I got I think last november. Going strong and is beautiful, don't see any reason to upgrade).

Regards

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Not checking Honor... But there is another entry in the market.. From Acer.

Acer Z630. It's 5.5" 720p display. Yeah, that's only negative point. Full HD resolution should have been on 5.5"'. But rest of specs is too good. 32 GB internal memory with expandable storage. 3 GB RAM. And 4000 mAh battery!

It's tempting at Rs 11k, of course with discount under 10k.

it has Mediatek MT6753 and most of the members here do not suggest Mediatek!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
it has Mediatek MT6753 and most of the members here do not suggest Mediatek!

Well, so does Lenovo K3 Note. And I finally decided to buy that after pondering about which phone to buy for at least a week. It's fHD and 3k mAH battery. Got it after applying 10% off on FK today.
May my dad love this phone and it run for atleast 3 years.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Well, so does Lenovo K3 Note. And I finally decided to buy that after pondering about which phone to buy for at least a week. It's fHD and 3k mAH battery. Got it after applying 10% off on FK today.
May my dad love this phone and it run for atleast 3 years.

:D well congrats

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Thanks. Wondering what [MENTION=143654]savvy[/MENTION] decided for her sister.

OP
savvy

savvy

Broken In
Thanks. Wondering what [MENTION=143654]savvy[/MENTION] decided for her sister.
I have given her suggestions.. Now it's up to her.. She will decide.. She will buy around diwali I guess, not in a haste...

Top Bottom