1 GB Memory card = Slow phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I thought of buying a memory card for my phone.So I asked a few of my friends about it & they told me that don't buy a 1 GB card it slows down the phone.Also when I enquired about it in my friends mobile shop he also told me the same,that it slows most of the phones.
Do anyone of you have any experience on it?I will be using it for Nokia 3230.
Thank you.

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
I dunno about 1GB..But my friend is using 512mb card in nokia 3230 and its response is little slower compared to previous status.

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
no problems on my N72 either, i have tested it with default 128 Mb,512 mb and now with 1Gb, no slowness appeared to my eyes (donno about bench marks) gallery takes same time to open (which incendently is slow, even without a mem card). other application same time, there is a slight lag in music player refreshing the files when using any higer capicity mem card then default 128 Mb. these are my persnol findings,with out any bench mark test and may very ;).

outlaw

De@d
performance of the new n series nokia phones are not effected by a high capacity card , excepting the music player.....

but the older fones especially 6600 is really pathetic when it comes to even 512 mb cards

Asfaq

Keyboard addict
On a phone like the 6600, you need to sort files into various smaller sub folders. You need to realise that these phones have slower processors which were not ment to handle too many files bunched into a folder. Everytime u enter a folder, the phone reads all its contents nd then displays its information to you. The whole performance dogma crops up when you have too many files stored into one folder AND you are running on older symbian phones like the 6600. In the newer Series 80 phones this does not happen because as soon as you open the 'gallery' folder, it caches all the files. Thats why when u open the gallery folder for the first time, it loads a bit slower.

Remember to sort you files like a rabid maniac and your phone will run nice and fast :)

BTW, the SE phone will also lag if you have too many files in one folder

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
i have 1 Gb but the phone is fast as it comes . remember , if the phone's internal memory is empty . it uses it as RAM . btw k750 here

CINTEL ENTRINO

Loading . . . please d'nt
yes... i hav w810i ... but i am new to mobiles... so was confirming :)

btw.... how much does a 2GB card cost {memory sitck pro duo}

Last edited:

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
i purchased Memory Stick pro duo 1 GB for rs. 700 . it is was having no symptoms of fake card .

babi_surat

Broken In
Are you guys serious that SE phones donot have slow performances even if i load a 2GB card.. I am havinng a W700i.. So i was thinking to add a 2GB card to load Lots of Music.. So can u guys confirm that it will have no problems??

on the other hand i do not have 100s of msg stored or lots of java application stored. my internal memory is 20 MB free.

PLZ guys confirm me this as I am planning to buy the memory card this weekend.Also can u guys state the price of 2GB memory Card (Pro Duo)??

thanks in advance..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom