1.5T Split AC suggestion

kartikoli

Busy!!
I am looking to buy a Split AC for a room size of 11 x 12 with direct sunlight on the roof, the temp here goes close to 40~44C so we can imagine its hot. The AC will run most of the day also during the night, What I've heard that 5 star doesn't saves the amount of electric as compared to the money we spend upfront so I am open to suggestions for 3 or 5 star ratings.

AC will be purchased locally but the dealer asked me to give him specific model no. so he can get me the quote locally (possibly lower than online price, Though I can opt for online purchase too). I've used Voltas AC Windows for few years and later purchased General 2T windows AC but as we know General AC's are expensive so looking for good reliable brand but not too expensive. I see AC's range from 30k to 40k so would like to have a budget somewhere around 35k.

gcbeldar

In the zone
I am looking to buy a Split AC for a room size of 11 x 12 with direct sunlight on the roof, the temp here goes close to 40~44C so we can imagine its hot. The AC will run most of the day also during the night, What I've heard that 5 star doesn't saves the amount of electric as compared to the money we spend upfront so I am open to suggestions for 3 or 5 star ratings.

AC will be purchased locally but the dealer asked me to give him specific model no. so he can get me the quote locally (possibly lower than online price, Though I can opt for online purchase too). I've used Voltas AC Windows for few years and later purchased General 2T windows AC but as we know General AC's are expensive so looking for good reliable brand but not too expensive. I see AC's range from 30k to 40k so would like to have a budget somewhere around 35k.
Hello members, All members are requested to share you view for the below;
11x12 = 132 + 20% extra coverage ~~ 160 sq ft covering with 9 solar panels(6x3) @9*9k=81k.
1. Covering with solar panels will reduce the roof heating by about 60-70%
2. Which in turn reduces the ac requirement from 1.5 Tonne to 1 Tonne
3. Investment in solar power generation to a tune of 1.2 Lakhs will yield min. 12 - 14% returns on investment.

Once again request all the members to share you view

vito scalleta

In the zone
I am facing a similar issue of direct sunlight on top of the room causing high temperatures within. I do have a AC in the room but minutes after I turn off the AC the room temperature is back to unpleasant levels. Running the AC 24*7 would be uneconomical ( I work in IT and I work and sleep in the same room). I am looking at approaches to shield the roof from direct sunlight. A cheap approach that I have been suggested is to grow a mini garden at the roof but I am more inclined towards building a shed at the top.

Covering the roof with Solar panel does sound like a very interesting approach. I could use the power to run appliances at home and in future I can even use it to charge an Electric Vehicle in case I buy one.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
May be you might find heat reflecting tiles or heat reflective paint useful, check those also. I have heard from persons have these heat reflective paint on their terrace, that these actually work and keep the house less hot compare to a normal roof top.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
Bought Daikin 1.5T inverter split for 35.5k locally (2500 extra for pipe, wire, stand etc...)

Model number : FTKL50TV16VF
ISEER rating : 3.99

Had to choose between bluestar, Daikin and Hitachi so picked this one.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
^Reading first time about ISEER rating. Nice. So 3.99 is good, bad or average? is it out of 5 or 10?
I referred this but my brain didn't work
*vikaspedia.in/energy/policy-support/energy-efficiency/indian-seasonal-energy-efficiency-ratio

rockfella

Ambassador of Buzz
Bought Daikin 1.5T inverter split for 35.5k locally (2500 extra for pipe, wire, stand etc...)

Model number : FTKL50TV16VF
ISEER rating : 3.99

Had to choose between bluestar, Daikin and Hitachi so picked this one.
Daikins are good. Non fancy workhorses. Congos.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
^Reading first time about ISEER rating. Nice. So 3.99 is good, bad or average? is it out of 5 or 10?
I referred this but my brain didn't work
*vikaspedia.in/energy/policy-support/energy-efficiency/indian-seasonal-energy-efficiency-ratio
yes 3.99 is pretty good, The 5 star models normally have 4.5 rating and 3 stars have 3.5 so this being just 3 star with efficiency of 4 star rated AC's.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Recently recommended this AC to someone I know and they're quite happy with it. Worth checking out

*www.amazon.in/dp/B084365NVF/

Sent via Tapatalk

Top Bottom