Budget gaming PC upgrade - 45k

quicky008

Technomancer
depends on whether the fans have a freeze/fan stop feature when temps go below a certain threshold-not all cards have this feature.

Windows 10 it was !

The fan on the 6600 switches on only when needed?
Depends on the GPU model. My Zotac 3070 AMP has a fan stop option & usually starts the fan when temp crosses 60C. Usually my GPU runs at 55-58C or so at idle though as fans are turned off. But this helps with the dust situation a lot.

I wanted a similar fan stop on my case fans, it does work but sometimes the fan doesn't start even when the temp has crossed the limit specified by me in Gigabyte's software (Gigabyte mobo). 1 day I played a game for almost 45mins with no case fans running, just CPU cooler & GPU fans, it did get hot. So I have kept fan speeds as slow, like under 300RPM for exhaust & under 600RPM for intake, even while gaming the fans stay under 1000RPM & I get 60C for CPU & 70C for GPU.

OP
K

karthik316_1999

In the zone
The vendor opined that all psu/gpu fans these days start up only when it gets hot..
So wanted to check if that’s the case with the Asus dual.. Guess the only way for me to know is to run a stress test and check the fans manually or is there any software that can do that for us?

Also, is there a way for us to clear the accumulated dust from underneath the gpu fan casing maybe by removing the casing off?
(Was shocked to see the amount of dust on the hyper 212 yesterday when the old pc was disassembled)

The vendor opined that all psu/gpu fans these days start up only when it gets hot..
So wanted to check if that’s the case with the Asus dual.. Guess the only way for me to know is to run a stress test and check the fans manually or is there any software that can do that for us?

Also, is there a way for us to clear the accumulated dust from underneath the gpu fan casing maybe by removing the casing off?
(Was shocked to see the amount of dust on the hyper 212 yesterday when the old pc was disassembled)
You know, specifications & marketing materials exist for a reason. Asus dual has it.

1705133040942.png

For case fans, non PWM fans run at constant RPM when powered on. So I look for PWM fans, if possible with PST.

Yes, people disassemble their GPUs after 3 years or so to clean dust & repaste it. My PC is almost 2 years old, the way its thermals are right now, I doubt I will do it anytime soon. Same for CPU cooler. I just clean dust on front mesh every few months. I deep cleaned my PC a year ago, I'm too lazy to do it again as temps are fine even though dust is accumulating inside.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@karthik316_1999 hope you didn't buy that m331 logitech mouse. I used it in the past and it lasted about an year, and started getting double click issues. Do not spend 1k on that mouse. Try cheaper options, if the quality you get is only subpar.

shreeux

Movie Buff
@karthik316_1999 hope you didn't buy that m331 logitech mouse. I used it in the past and it lasted about an year, and started getting double click issues. Do not spend 1k on that mouse. Try cheaper options, if the quality you get is only subpar.
Yes,,,Avoid logitech on spend above 1k...try below any other equivalent brand

Top Bottom