Budget gaming PC upgrade - 45k

OP
K

karthik316_1999

In the zone
Looks like itdepot no longer has a showroom and only ships products with no assembly assistance as well unfortunately…

Will try to check availability locally and get back with the quote..

OP
K

karthik316_1999

In the zone
Finalising the upgrade with the below config @ 52k..
B550M pro vdh wifi
16gb Corsair vengeance (will add another 16gb later basis the need, in case)
SN770 1tb
Asus rx6600

Hope this is good to go?

OP
K

karthik316_1999

In the zone
Individual pricing they said will be given at the time of billing..
The overall price seemed to be matching with the guidelines here.. hence thought of proceeding..
Will post the prices here once I get the build done..
Thank you both for all the wonderful assistance !

One last basic question: When it comes to a basic wireless mouse, should I pick Logitech/Dell/any other from a value for money standpoint..

Individual pricing they said will be given at the time of billing..
The overall price seemed to be matching with the guidelines here.. hence thought of proceeding..
Will post the prices here once I get the build done..
Thank you both for all the wonderful assistance !

One last basic question: When it comes to a basic wireless mouse, should I pick Logitech/Dell/any other from a value for money standpoint..
Just calculated prices, 52k seems good. Just make sure it is with tax.

Any basic wireless mouse from Dell, Logitech, Lenovo or HP will do IMO, costs 500 or so.

OP
K

karthik316_1999

In the zone
Sure, will check on the same..

This logitech mouse at 1.1k sort of looks good
*www.logitech.com/en-in/products/mice/m331-silent-plus-mouse.910-004914.html

OP
K

karthik316_1999

In the zone
Adding to the expense, my apc 1000va ups was just declared dead with a pcb fault by the service personnel.. :(
Quoted 6.5k for a refurbished unit or 11.5k for a new one.. maybe its time for me to move out of the apc family..
Can i get a good suggestion for a new ups with a va rating that would provide just about 10-15 mins of backup for this new config please?
Sorry about the growing number of questions here !

Adding to the expense, my apc 1000va ups was just declared dead with a pcb fault by the service personnel.. :(
Quoted 6.5k for a refurbished unit or 11.5k for a new one.. maybe its time for me to move out of the apc family..
Can i get a good suggestion for a new ups with a va rating that would provide just about 10-15 mins of backup for this new config please?
I bought a new APC BX1100 for under 6k from amazon after card offers. Close to 2 years now, it lasts 15-20mins for web browsing & stuff, about 5mins for gaming. This is with a 1440p monitor which draws 25W.

Maybe look into a pure sinwave 1.5kVa inverter, will cost 25k though.

OP
K

karthik316_1999

In the zone
Oh no! I can't even think of spending that much for an ups right now..
May I know how much wattage will my new setup draw, based on which I could decide the most minimum ups capacity in 'va'.. I'm hoping that a 500va or less will suffice..
P.S: My current ups br1000g used to offer a whopping 30-40 mins even at heavy gaming..

quicky008

Technomancer
which model of APC ups was that? how old was it when it failed?

Oh no! I can't even think of spending that much for an ups right now..
May I know how much wattage will my new setup draw, based on which I could decide the most minimum ups capacity in 'va'.. I'm hoping that a 500va or less will suffice..
P.S: My current ups br1000g used to offer a whopping 30-40 mins even at heavy gaming..
600Va will not suffice for any proper gaming rig, maybe will be fine for a sub 100W GPU rig for 1-2 min while gaming. Problem is it will trip while gaming on most rigs. My rig with monitor consumes ~400W, so yours might be ~350W with 1080p 24" monitor. Also power draw will fluctuate a bit.

OP
K

karthik316_1999

In the zone
600Va will not suffice for any proper gaming rig, maybe will be fine for a sub 100W GPU rig for 1-2 min while gaming. Problem is it will trip while gaming on most rigs. My rig with monitor consumes ~400W, so yours might be ~350W with 1080p 24" monitor. Also power draw will fluctuate a bit.
Okay then looks like opting for a refurbished unit is my only option..

I have a cooler master hyper 212 cpu cooler in use with my current phenom ii x4 955 cpu. Can this cooler be put to use on the ryzen 5?

Also, the fact that the pc will not turn on without a gpu scares me a bit.. just curious though.. which would be my go to cpu for an integrated graphics? (Just as a back up display option, leaving rest of the config as it is I guess)

Last edited:
Okay then looks like opting for a refurbished unit is my only option..

I have a cooler master hyper 212 cpu cooler in use with my current phenom ii x4 955 cpu. Can this cooler be put to use on the ryzen 5?

Also, the fact that the pc will not turn on without a gpu scares me a bit.. just curious though.. which would be my go to cpu for an integrated graphics? (Just as a back up display option, leaving rest of the config as it is I guess)
Check if CM sells bracket for it, if not buy Deepcool AG400 for 1.8k. Can use stock cooler in the meantime.

The i5 12400 is good & iGPU was the reason I picked it over R5 5600X about 2 years ago. Both performed similarly & was priced similarly back then. But it costs more than R5 5600 now & mobo prices are more for Intel, so will have to sacrifice on mobo side.
pcpricetracker.in/b/s/78b797c9-331f-489f-9406-4d730fa7fc51

This mobo has 2x RAM slots, but if you plan to use 2x 16GB sticks, not a big issue for gamers for 4-5 years IMO.

OP
K

karthik316_1999

In the zone
Pardon my ignorance here.. will my current gpu (msi cyclone radeon hd6850) fit into the b550m pro vdh wifi? (Just as a backup display option if needed in future..)

quicky008

Technomancer
yes it will work

Did apc offer you any option to replace the faulty pcb of your ups with a new one?Or was replacing the whole unit their only suggestion?

OP
K

karthik316_1999

In the zone
Great then, i’ll go ahead with the Ryzen config as planned !

Replacement of the unit was their only suggestion.. seems that’s their way for both in warranty and out of warranty cases

Top Bottom