Thoughts on Samsung Galaxy S23 / S23+ / S23 Ultra: Speak up!

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
Hi guys,

Did y'all tune into Samsung's Galaxy Unpacked event last night? Happy about all the new hardware and features sported by the Samsung Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23+ and Galaxy S23 Ultra smartphones, or disappointed they didn't match up to your pre-launch expectations? Eager to hear your early reactions to Samsung's flagship smartphones of 2023...

Also, Digit's reviewers have received all three smartphones for review. Is there anything you'd like Team Digit to test or benchmark these phones on any of your parameters?

Insta (5).png

Insta (6).png

Insta (7).png

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Comparison against Pixel phones for photos, list of bloatwares (including system apps), wired audio performance with various DACs, wired file transfer/charging speeds and as usual, how many 3.5 mm jacks can fit in the length of the s-pen :rofl:

bubusam13

Human
I need details on charging and discharging time, camera quality, performance impact when multiple apps are open, and also how fast is copying files from PC to phone and vice versa via USB.

Also:
1. Can we stream music to two Bluetooth headphones at the same time.
2. Does the phone heats up.
3. How long it takes to discharge to 90% from a fully charged state.
4. Is the phone slippery. (My old S8 was too slippery)
5. Daily usage parameters like scratch resistance, accidental fall.
6. Network Wifi, Cellular(4G, 5G) issues if any (my iPhone doesn't easily connect to 5GHz but s22 does. Also my S8 once connected to Vodafone Bangladesh while on flight to NE. I was impressed)
6. And how much discount can we expect in BB sale :p . (No kidding. These phones depreciate a lot.)

Last edited:
Lack of OIS on telephoto cam of S23/S23+ - How much does it impact? Possibly a full blown comparison with S22 series & Pixel 7/7 pro in all respects, honestly those are the competition, maybe add iPhone 13/14 while at it to target wider audience.

Many good points were suggested earlier like thermals, bloatwares, signal reception, battery life test, even add charging speed test (25W vs 45W speed on S23+ & S23U - last time there was not a big jump in time saved).

Initial reviews of SD Gen 2 are good, so maybe the era of hot flagships are over (I seriously hope it is). Some of these topics can even have their own articles instead of putting all of them in review of the phone where it might get lost.

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Samsung still hasn't published the total specs sheet containing supported 5g bands in their website. No idea, whether it has n105 and n258 band support in India. Overall it is a good phone because of sd gen 2 processor less thermals and good battery life

@SaiyanGoku + @bubusam13 + @omega44-xt + @Cyberghost all of you, thanks for your feedback and action points. Have passed the demands to Team Digit.

No one wants to know anything in terms of gaming performance of these phones?
I expect it to be the best gaming SoC from android side, so nothing much to see there. Usual comparsion with last year's iPhone is already planned, I assume, along with comparisons to SD gen 1 & gen 1+. Thermals + battery life was making iPhone Pro Max series the best phone raw performance wise for 2 years or so now. Now android flagships will likely be able to compete with SD Gen 2 & SD Gen 1+ being relatively affordable option hopefully.

bubusam13

Human
I went through this review of s23 Ultra. My requirement is best camera. Is it worth getting S23 ultra or S23 does the job in terms picture quality ? I know ultra has telephoto lens but my requirement is for everyday photography.
I have iPhone and I am not able to adjust with IOS.

I went through this review of s23 Ultra. My requirement is best camera. Is it worth getting S23 ultra or S23 does the job in terms picture quality ? I know ultra has telephoto lens but my requirement is for everyday photography.
I have iPhone and I am not able to adjust with IOS.
I used my friend's S23 ultra. Sure the 10X telephoto & S pen are nice to have, but I still don't think they are very useful in daily life for most.

The bigger battery & more efficient display results in better battery life on ultra but still, its bulky IMO. So my recommendation will be S23 or S23+ based on size preference. Just check all 3 of them locally, might get same offers as online in official Samsung stores.

BTW there wasn't a night & day difference between my S20FE 5G & S23 ultra's main cams, but other cams were better indeed. Sure main cam on S23U was better but only noticeable side by side, tried it at low light (surely no difference at daytime).

invisiblebond

Journeyman
Best time to buy S23 or S23+. Currently, Samsung's tied-up website ICAI offers the S23 128 GB for Rs 48,819 with free (ADLD) insurance worth Rs 7,999. please guide me on how Samsung reduces the price of the S22 or S22+ model?

Should I wait until the end of March to get more discounts? What above Amazon / Flipkart / Jio?

Last edited:
Best time to buy S23 or S23+. Currently, Samsung's tied-up website offers the S23 128 GB for Rs 48,819 with free (ADLD) insurance worth Rs 7,999. please guide me on how Samsung reduces the price of the S22 or S22+ model?

Should I wait until the end of March to get more discounts? What above Amazon / Flipkart / Jio?
49k sounds great for S23

S22 was 40k in last Diwali sale, so 50k now is as good as it can get IMO. Do share the link.

centinal

Broken In
No offer on 256GB variant only it seems, but I saw the 10k off on it yesterday.

Your call, price seems good. It will get updates till android 17, which is still great. I'm set on 256GB as storage for my next phone, I am already using a 128GB internal phone with 64GB SD card.
ok
also I just saw S23 128gb is ufs 3.1 whereas 256gb is 4.0.

Top Bottom