Best note taking app

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Hi,
I want to move to a good note taking app.
  1. It should either be free or have fixed fee (no monthly subscription)
  2. Sync across Mac, PC and Android must! (3 devices)
  3. Online backup.
  4. Good user interface (something simple and intuitive). I dont want crap that is one note.
  5. It should have markdown support (headings, hyperlinks, images and should be easy to use).

Plan to use it both for work + personal usage.

I am using Apple notes atm and it does its purpose except I dont have access to it on PC or android and it has 20 notes limit. Evernote is OK but free version has a 2 device limit.

Another option is Bear Notes app, I find its UI to be very good. but again its only available for Mac and IOS.

Let me know if you guys know of any good alternative.

Last edited:

khalil1210

In the zone
Have you tried obsidian Obsidian

It is a free app. You can create .md files and load folder to read. It has apps for android and ios but doesn't have sync in free version . You can manually sync the folders using google drive or one drive and it will open in phone. I tried their android app.
It takes some time to setup but i feel it is ok.

I setup this to store some information but later moved to owing a domain and stored everything in git and in phone viewing from static website.

Also have you tried notion Notion for Personal Use

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I am trying Joplin, I love the user interface and I almost am ready to adopt it full time but I found a major issue. The sync is extremely slow, especially if you use multiple devices. And it doesnt intelligently resolve conflicts. :(

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Yup, a note will always be like Diary which you can always go back and refer (in case you forget something)

tech4techy

Right off the assembly line
The best note-taking apps for Android make it simple and easy to make and manage notes on the go with your Android smartphone or tablet.
1. OneNote
2. Evernote
3. Google Keep
4. Material Notes
5. Simplenote

Top Bottom