PC Upgrade -> Budget 15K

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Launched a week back though it seems most models are from MSI.Also didn't find any "vfm B450" compared to some good B350 options.

OP
M

Munez

Broken In
Thanks.
2 general questions ,
1. I have CM ELite 310 Cabin, It has 2 USB on front panel. I hope it will be compatible with USB 3.x. Basically I want USB 3.x on front. USB 2.x I can use it for KB and mouse.
2. How many fans I can connect with this MOBO. Excluding CPU fan I have 3 Fans support in my Cabin ( 1 Back, 1 Front and 1 on side )

So currently I have this in Mind. Kindly confirm if RAM is right one 3000Mhz

MSI B450M PRO-M2 Motherboard (AMD Socket AM4/Ryzen 2nd Gen Series CPU/Max 32GB DDR4-3466MHz Memory)

AMD RYZEN 3 2200G APU Series Desktop Processor With Wraith Stealth Cooling Solution - (Radeon Vega 8 Graphics, 4 Core, Up To 3.7 GHz, AM4 Socket, 6MB Cache)

CORSAIR CMK8GX4M1D3000C16 Desktop Ram Vengeance Lpx Series - 8GB (8GBx1) DDR4 3000MHz
CORSAIR SMPS CX450 - 450 WATT 80 PLUS BRONZE CERTIFICATION ATX PSU WITH ACTIVE PFC

Minion

Conversation Architect
CM Elite 310 has only front 2.0 usb ports for using USB 3.0 you need a new cabinet

I am not sure but I think this motherboard 4 fans

Yes,that RAM is perfect

OP
M

Munez

Broken In
@whitestar_999 please confirm if the above configuration is fine.

In general, is there any way to replace the front USB ports/cables ? Because these ports are connected to MOBO which supports USB3.0, it is just that we need to replace USB port and cable on front panel of cabin ?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
In general, is there any way to replace the front USB ports/cables ? Because these ports are connected to MOBO which supports USB3.0, it is just that we need to replace USB port and cable on front panel of cabin ?
I don't know if there is any DIY way to do this. But I wouldn't dare to do it. There is an accessory you can try, front usb 3.0 hub. But I don't see any from reputed brands.
You have 3.0/3.1 port on the back, better use that instead.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
MSI B450M Pro M2 has 1 cpu fan header(for the stock cooler) & 1 system fan connector so effectively it has 1 fan connector.For other two fans you will have to use something like this(try to find it in local pc shops,should be cheaper there):
*www.amazon.in/Generic-4-Pin-Chasis-Connector-Cables/dp/B019EV7G34/

For now forget about additional usb 3 ports,buy a better cabinet later. Also you still get 4 usb 3 ports in mobo back which are more than enough for normal usage. Other than portable usb 3.0 hdd, usb 3.0 ports are not of much use for a typical user.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
1pc 4pin IDE Molex to 4 Port 3Pin/4Pin Cooler Cooling Fan Splitter 12V Adapter Converter Power Supply Cable for PC-in Computer Cables & Connectors from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I got this delivered to me in 2 weeks, might be of use to you OP

OP
M

Munez

Broken In
HI all,

I went to SP Road today ( Bangalore) which is famous for buying computer hardware. I couldn't find Corsair CX450 in any shop :eek: . In Ankit INfotech, he told they have stopped CX series. In one of the SHop CX550 was available and he quoted 3900+ GST which will come around 4600+

In online also most of the sites it is in Out Of Stock. Why is it not available in SP road which is the main place in Banglore for selling PC n components.

If I Buy from MD computers i have to pay around 250rs shipping.

Is there any other PSU which is widely available ? Or does any one from Bangalore knows where I ca get this ?

OP
M

Munez

Broken In
One of the shop Guy told he will get it if i wait for a week. and i waited but still he didn't get. :( . Now i have only one option to buy online(MDcomputers) but that will charge extra for shipping. And also next weekl i will be going to UK so cant order online now.

Also, They don't have MSI MOBO in SP Road. If i buy online i end up paying around 1k for shipping coz they add shipping for every item. :(

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
One of the shop Guy told he will get it if i wait for a week. and i waited but still he didn't get. :( . Now i have only one option to buy online(MDcomputers) but that will charge extra for shipping. And also next weekl i will be going to UK so cant order online now.

Also, They don't have MSI MOBO in SP Road. If i buy online i end up paying around 1k for shipping coz they add shipping for every item. :(

mdcomputers occasionally gives free shipping on all items but cabinet and monitor. right now there is free shipping offer till today night(the offer was running for 3days).

OP
M

Munez

Broken In
I had already tried that but im not getting that offer and they also charge 73rs for payment gw

CORSAIR SMPS CX450 - 450 WATT 80 PLUS BRONZE CERTIFICATION ATX PSU WITH ACTIVE PFC CP-9020120-UK 1
Sub-Total: Rs.3,400
Our Logistic Partner Will Deliver This Shipment In 2-4 Working Days: Rs.233
Payment Gateway Charges: Rs.73
Total: Rs.3,705

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ I think it's too much. Something like 50/- per item, is fine. But 300/- is too much.

Top Bottom