Zebronics 500watt platinum psu doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Well i have this simple question.I have an old intex psu when i compared the pins in the intex and zebronics psu i saw that the 18th pin in the 20 pin connector of the zebronics psu(not counting the extra 4 pins)missing.But when i installed it on my system it works just fine.I have bought this power supply for a new power hungry high end pc which i will assemble tomorrow.Please help as i need it quick.the 18th pin is -5v

I m waiting.

This link will help others who face the same problem.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_power_supply#Wiring_diagrams

Last edited:

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Harvik780 said:
Well i have this simple question.I have an old intex psu when i compared the pins in the intex and zebronics psu i saw that the 18th pin in the 20 pin connector of the zebronics psu(not counting the extra 4 pins)missing.But when i installed it on my system it works just fine.I have bought this power supply for a new power hungry high end pc which i will assemble tomorrow.Please help as i need it quick.the 18th pin is -5v

I m waiting.

This link will help others who face the same problem.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_power_supply#Wiring_diagrams

Does it really matter ? :D

Anyways care to share the config thats gonna be handled by this PSU ? Also just cos this PSU looks cool,doesnt mean its good.I have the same thing and its decent but definitely not meant for OCing and support a truly HIGH end config :)

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Config-
MOBO-ASUS P5N32-E SLI
VGA-XFX Geforce 8800GTS 640 mb
Processor-C2D e6600
Ram-2gb DDR2 667 MHZ
DVD writer-SATA Sony AWG170S
Hard Drive-SATA Segate 250GB drive
UPS-APC 650VA
Sound Card(included with mobo)-Supreme FX HD audio

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Harvik780 said:
Config-
MOBO-ASUS P5N32-E SLI
VGA-XFX Geforce 8800GTS 640 mb
Processor-C2D e6600
Ram-2gb DDR2 667 MHZ
DVD writer-SATA Sony AWG170S
Hard Drive-SATA Segate 250GB drive
UPS-APC 650VA
Sound Card(included with mobo)-Supreme FX HD audio

Dude, cancel that PSU, if you havent yet received it.That PSU is not going to cut it, if that is the config you plan to run on it.

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Thanks darklord but its too late now i have already bought this power supply on recommendation by digit.They say that it will most probably be able to handle the load.I have calculated the total power consumption by PSU calculator which came out to be 320 watt.So i think this psu will provide that easily.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Harvik780 said:
Thanks darklord but its too late now i have already bought this power supply on recommendation by digit.They say that it will most probably be able to handle the load.I have calculated the total power consumption by PSU calculator which came out to be 320 watt.So i think this psu will provide that easily.

Dude, when you play games, that 8800 is gonna drink power ;)
I am dead sure its not gonna be enough.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@Harvik78

if possible refer here, *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63335

600 Watts or more in ur case would be some thing to target for :(

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Harvik780 said:
Didn't get what u posted.

Zebronics 540Watt, 640 Watt and 730 Watt models which are more expensive, are made by Skyhawk.Skyhawk is not known to be a very good PSU maker. The 500Watt Platinum you bought is not made by even skyhawk,must be some chinese OEM. The ratings on most of the sub 2k PSU's available in India are useless.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Harvik780 said:
Going for antec 500Watt.Thanks for the replies.That zeb-500w power supply can go to any dumpster.

Good decision :)
If possible see if you can get hold of any Seventeam PSU, they are much better IMHO. SMC international , delhi had them i guess. They are no nonsense pure performance PSUs.
This doesnt mean Antec is bad in any sense though :)

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
I will contact Antec distributors in Delhi.I have their phone numbers.I think this 500watt true power from antec will set me back by Rs7.5k.

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Harvik780 said:
I will contact Antec distributors in Delhi.I have their phone numbers.I think this 500watt true power from antec will set me back by Rs7.5k.

If you are willing to spend 7k+ , might as well get Corsair 620W, its ages ahead of the Antec :)

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Second that, Corsair 620W or even 520W is much better than its Antec counterpart. For lower budget you can seek out Coolermaster eXtreme series.

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Please suggest power supplies that give 30A on 12 volt rail.I am looking for at least 500watt true power.Budget is Rs7.5k

darklord

Cyborg Agent
Harvik780 said:
Please suggest power supplies that give 30A on 12 volt rail.I am looking for at least 500watt true power.Budget is Rs7.5k

Get Corsair HX 620W PSU for 7.4-7.6k and be happy dude.That PSU handles Quad Core + 8800GTX SLI so no need to worry :)

OP
H

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
darklord said:
Get Corsair HX 620W PSU for 7.4-7.6k and be happy dude.That PSU handles Quad Core + 8800GTX SLI so no need to worry :)
I'll be more happy if u give the phone number of the dealer.
And i also want to tell u that my brother has bought all the accessories,i mean we have just got everything just need the psu.Also everyone here in patna was surprised to see such a system.

I saw that psu on yantra online.I m doubtful if it will fit into my cabinet.I have an ATX cabinet with 3 fans.Also i wasn't able to buy a good cabinet cause its DEHAT after all.And buying one and bringing it from delhi wasn't an option.Buying online also is a waste of money as the online resellers sell at higher prices.

Well that psu won't fit into my cabi.But the Black diamond 500 watt from point of view will for sure.How is it?They say its SLI approved
*www.yantraonline.in/Product.asp?CatId=13

Well this link says that the SLI approved PSU from point of view has even lesser amperage on the 12V rail
*www.pointofview-online.com/default2.asp?content_id=175
I m totally confused.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom