Z510 i5 vs Z50 i5 FHD.......

udaylunawat

In the zone
What's better z510 i5 variant@49k with 6 gigs ram, 2 GB 740m graphics, backlight keyboard and i5m variant.
OR
Z50 with 4 gigs ram,2 GB 840m, FHD display and i5 ulv variant @ 47k??

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
But z50 has fhd display. How can z510 be better ?? Is a ulv processor that bad ?

Ulv is not bad but m is better in terms of raw processing power. If battery life is your concern then go ahead with a ulv procy.
A fhd display on z50 would cause some concerns while gaming too as that gpu can't handle games at that resolution at respectable settings.

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
I will be playing games on 768 resolution and movies on 1080p. Would that be good ??

Yes would be just fine. But playing games on non-native resolutions of a screen make things a bit blurry and loss of sharpness is observed. Plus the screen on a z50 fhd isn't a marvel tbh, it is a very basic fhd screen.

P.S- Both z510 and z50 are great vfm laptops, you won't go wrong with either one. While z510 is a tried n tested laptop with a better processor, z50 has a better scren, better battery life and is a latest model so in future, less chances of a spare part not being available. :)

ultraheartz

New to this forum
These days I'm unable to find Z510 online. If ever i find they are costly. I'm planning to buy Z510 next month but by that time i won't be able to find at least one! I've liked this one and other laptops are using 4200U/4210U(1.6/1.7Ghz) processor as compared to 4200M(2.5Ghz) processor. So my question is are these two processors similar? Because i can rarely find a 4200M processor laptop and usually find the other.

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
These days I'm unable to find Z510 online. If ever i find they are costly. I'm planning to buy Z510 next month but by that time i won't be able to find at least one! I've liked this one and other laptops are using 4200U/4210U(1.6/1.7Ghz) processor as compared to 4200M(2.5Ghz) processor. So my question is are these two processors similar? Because i can rarely find a 4200M processor laptop and usually find the other.

Read post #4 above. Ive answered it.
Vaguely put,
M- Better processing power
U- Better battery life

Top Bottom