Yu Yureka vs Moto E

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
snapdragon processors heat up so much, if so means they are working fine, but sometimes throttle.. be careful..

Micromax Remotely Installing Unwanted Apps on Devices

snapdragon cpus dont heat up as much as Mediatek or exynos or even intel atom(mobile one)

A

amit.tiger12

snapdragon cpus dont heat up as much as Mediatek or exynos or even intel atom(mobile one)

ohhk.. but if machine is hot then it will work flawless at certain point...
but I think there is no way out for heat in mobile like the in your computer, fans, heat sink.
Try to play game of higher graphics and see how it works after opening mobile.. ;) and tell me the performance.. try to play in freezer also...

- - - Updated - - -

I know about this. But i will root and remove this asap

did you get one???
I tried, when I was about to click there was 66% claimed written.. by the time it was 100%.. I was on waiting list..

Did you refreshed your browser??? means @ 2pm you were still on that site or you refreshed the page?
just to confirm, because my browser took 2 sec to refresh that page and I refreshed exactly @2, but I can't get that into shopping cart..

OP
GamerSlayer

GamerSlayer

ProdiGeek
Guys, I am talking about me buying the phone! I can't wait anymore. With new phones coming, my head will force me to research on them during my exams so I decided to buy now! Since I hate any custom UI phone and I don't want to install custom roms since they are a pain sometimes, I have to go for stock android phones or CM phones. Both these will cost me a lot but Yureka is the only one in my budget that meets Stock criteria! So the final decision, should I buy the phone in the next sale?

A

amit.tiger12

Guys, I am talking about me buying the phone! I can't wait anymore. With new phones coming, my head will force me to research on them during my exams so I decided to buy now! Since I hate any custom UI phone and I don't want to install custom roms since they are a pain sometimes, I have to go for stock android phones or CM phones. Both these will cost me a lot but Yureka is the only one in my budget that meets Stock criteria! So the final decision, should I buy the phone in the next sale?

yes.. still it's good deal.. value for money...

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW

Its all down to your preference and if you are willing to take the risk etc

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I started this thread to know the risks. Pls elaborate.

see its a Micromax product,we cant say much for its after sales and quality
plus its actually a rebranded CoolPad F2 4G
Micromax’s first Yu smartphone is a rebranded Coolpad F2 4G

its a confusing product because despite what ive mentioned above
its a SD615 octa core phone for 9K with a 13MP Sony Exmor sensor

So its difficult to judge purely on these facts but a proper review or hands on or experience by a buyer is whats needed to draw a proper conclusion

Software wise,its all good
CM will support this phone well,Snapdragon CPU means good app compatibility and proper roms and support

but since its being sold for just 9K,i think its worth a try but the end decision is upto you because for me,I always have a fall back option(I have back up phones)

A

amit.tiger12

if you really want to buy it.. just get it... and give your opinion after using that... :)

OP
GamerSlayer

GamerSlayer

ProdiGeek
Guys, how would the after sale service be? If it was micromax, I would have never asked but it seems Yu has it's own service centre!

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Guys, how would the after sale service be? If it was micromax, I would have never asked but it seems Yu has it's own service centre!

itll be same as MMX only Im sure
I wouldnt expect good after sales just like most other brands in India but given the CM badge on their phone,I guess and hope they have stepped up their quality

A

amit.tiger12

the problem is that... even though made in india is our aim... we don't have that much to do all by our self..
YU same as mmx.. only name changes (name game)... like lava's sub brand xolo...

All mobiles which are like YU.. are use and throw type mobiles... so just use it.. if you got problem stop using it..

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
the problem is that... even though made in india is our aim... we don't have that much to do all by our self..
YU same as mmx.. only name changes (name game)... like lava's sub brand xolo...

All mobiles which are like YU.. are use and throw type mobiles... so just use it.. if you got problem stop using it..

Even if reputed mobiles have great service, the cost of the spare parts and the labour charge inflate the cost to be the equivalent of a high end set.

some days back, i was reading a thread where a guy had a Sony Z2 or something which broke after falling from his hand. he kept it that way due to sky high charge of replacement parts.

just sayin', ya know??

A

amit.tiger12

Even if reputed mobiles have great service, the cost of the spare parts and the labour charge inflate the cost to be the equivalent of a high end set.

some days back, i was reading a thread where a guy had a Sony Z2 or something which broke after falling from his hand. he kept it that way due to sky high charge of replacement parts.

just sayin', ya know??

similar thing happened to friend's broken nexus 5 screen... screen replacement cost around 8K..
in lg store one person's mobile was fell into water and motherboard was damaged by this.. motherboard replacement cost was around 20K for 32 GB...

Minion

Conversation Architect
That is why i don't care about service.As per me I will not buy any phone more than 20k now or in future.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Thats not the point imho,its good to know that the option to repair the phone exists(parts are readily available,service centre is fast and well prepared etc)

Though I must share this-
My own phone's screen cracked once when it was in my pocket and I sat down while tying shoelaces :headbang:
It was a Lumia 720(black) and I had paid 20k for it when it released but its price dropped to 15k when the incident occured
the service centre told me 8k for repairs as digitizer and screen arent available separately as its a unibody(some local shops were willing to repair the screen for just 3k but I wasnt gonna risk getting a fake part or something)
Instead I sold it for 5k and paid 2k extra to buy a new red Lumia 720(was and am very impressed with the phone so bought same model again) as my black 720 anyways had scratches

A

amit.tiger12

Whenever you buy smartphone... Just check how much your smartphone score on repairability.. my nexus 5 scores 8 / 10...

*www.ifixit.com/Device/Nexus_5

All these mobiles which are more easy to repair are good deal to buy... because some mobiles are hard to repair and can damage also while repairing.. In India no one is providing separate parts in local hardware shop etc.. You can see such shop providing these mobile parts.. You can actually make good nexus 5 using this part and for low cost... ;)

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Whenever you buy smartphone... Just check how much your smartphone score on repairability.. my nexus 5 scores 8 / 10...

*www.ifixit.com/Device/Nexus_5

All these mobiles which are more easy to repair are good deal to buy... because some mobiles are hard to repair and can damage also while repairing.. In India no one is providing separate parts in local hardware shop etc.. You can see such shop providing these mobile parts.. You can actually make good nexus 5 using this part and for low cost... ;)

why dont you give it a try? :lol:

Top Bottom