Your views on the influx of AI like ChatGPT?

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
And with time there will be an AI for everything.
For eg, Stable diffusion is a powerful AI tool for generating photo realistic pics.
But there's an alternative version called Unstable Diffusion that generates adult content, and which of course isn't advertisement friendly or even SFW (obviously).

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
It's not about advertiser friendliness but people are squeamish about certain topics (rightly so). Political correctness needs to be enforced in such cases.

But AIs that are not expected to be very popular outside of certain circles, I think it would be fine.

IMO, ChatGPT should have an "uncensored" mode available to selected members, perhaps even as a paid option.

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Not everyone can tell when ChatGPT hallucinates

Can we please stop using "hallucinate" in this context? GPT straight up lies. It doesn't hallucinate shite.

how AI can be integrated into biotech

Oh god please no!

humanity has become too dumb

I've been arguing this for so long, but people are apparently too dumb to understand xD

Its focusing on being advertiser friendly atm

Not "advertiser friendly", but PR friendly, I'd say. Nobody wants their AI chatbot to be on the first page of a newspaper, spouting hateful politically insensitive stuff.

AIs that are not expected to be very popular outside of certain circles

I disagree. This is just like the proliferation of general computing and phones, etc. A very small minority will know how to use it well, but everyone will be forced to use it in some form or the other, and very soon, it will be a natural part of digital lives.

"uncensored" mode

So it can tell you it has been a good bing, and you have been a bad user?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Obviously AI hallucination = we don't know the pathways which led to that decision. It Is definitely a reproducible result, should we know the decision tree.

What anorion was saying is, the internal decision count will increase at such a rate that its impossible for humans to keep track of all the possibilities and we have to consider it a black box (with very minor tweaking and prodding). Thus, we must consider AI to "hallucinate".

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Everyone has their own personal views on the appropriate terminologies to use for emerging tech. I remember having a huuge argument with everyone (at Tech2) about whether or not what Prisma does is apply filters, it was only later that the term 'style transfer' became commonplace. I was adament that they are not filters because the same photo processed with the same settings does not produce the same results twice.

I still hate the fact that image macros, or pictures with text on them, are called memes, and that the original definition, as coined by Dawkins in The Selfish Gene, has actually been lost. Cannot fight against everyone over it.

Even in Clubhouse when I talk to people about ChatGPT, I got interrupted when I said that you can reason with it to get around restrictions (was told its not a person, so cannot be reasoned with), and when I pointed out that it comes up with fake info without any basis, was told it hallucinates!

Anyway... what I was really saying is that it kind of mirrors you and your prompts, and throws stuff that you type back at you. For example, if you ask it how automobile manufacturing companies have been attempting to make wireless charging pads for electric vehicles for over a century now, it will throw up something like Toyota came up with some tech (experimental, first developed in 2010s) back in 1800. I also asked for other animal analogies used in quantum physics such as Schrodinger's Cat and Butterfly Effect.... and it came up with a ridiculous zoo of quantum flamingos, alligators and penguins, along with reasonable explanations, that just have not actually been used anywhere before. That is what I referred to as hallucinations, which is not lying, that is providing fake information with an intent to mislead, it is rather just producing novel terminologies from the foam of text corpora that it processes.

I really suspect that there are copyrighted books in the material that it has been trained on, because some of the information cannot be verified on anything available online, but I was able corroborate with books behind paywalls and meatspace. OpenAI has not publicly disclosed the text that ChatGPT has been trained on.

quicky008

Technomancer
can AI be used to build an ecommerce platform like Amazon/flipkart from scratch? Can it also create distinctive user interfaces to impart an unique look and feel to the website?

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
AI is a utility, and as of now it's like a personal assistant. You can take help of it to built whatever you want to built.
There are people on YT who built a basic game using AI without even having knowledge of coding. So yes it's possible.

Top Bottom