Yahoo password hack...WTF!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

indian_blues

Broken In
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH YAHOO???? my password is been hacked for the 3rd time in a month or so. yestarday in matter of minutes my password was changed after i set a new password. Thank god "Forgot password" is helping a lot. can anyone explain me how this things happen....my friend yahoo pwd is too been changed at the same time when mine was changed :mad:. Im getting mail to my alternate email id that my password is been changed. So how this things happen? What is the use of hacking my id? who does this? :confused:Im the only victim of this hacking??? Ive using the id for 5 or 6 years and i dont want to loose it. :(

thanks

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yahoo passes could be hacked by using Phishing/Social Engineering methods alone. So... do you get fooled again and again ?

go_gamez

In the zone
lol its not yahoo's mistake..theres some prob with..u why dnt u keep a difficult..secret question's answer
some one who knws bt u ..and knws u r secret q and answer is doin this..thts all...dnt blame yahoo for..this..i m using my yahoo id fro 4 yrs now never been hacked !!

Sykora

I see right through you.
Change your password by yourself -- To something you weren't using before. Change the security question. Then see if anything happens.

Raaza

Journeyman
Once I'd changed My Yahoo Mail Password. and I forgot the same after some times. since then I couldn't open yahoo mail ID. I'd tried to recover it in Forgotten Password method. But the problem is I can't remember the other details which I given at the time of registration. I had been using that ID for more than 6 years and there's a lot of things in that mail box.

Can I get the mail box back?
is there any way to do?

khin007

Journeyman
Man same case here !

i lost my fist yahoo id .. it was creatd when i first accessed internet ! ( 5 or 6 yrs back)..

Yup i mailed Y! But no use at all . I could even prove that its mine cause id was like "myname+myfamilyname" . bad luck to me ..

I think there is some keylogger or spyware installed in your system , i suggest you to backup your data only full format your system .. i couldnt even believe Anti-spywares here..cause..

I searched net and fond out that there are many KL that cant be detected by AV . I tried to upload such a keylogger as attachment in yahoo and yahoo said that no virus foud . LOL .. this sucks..

Next time be careful not to download any attchments .. dont click any unknown links (i even found a type of KL that installs just by clicking on a link !! so beware.. think that this uses som vul.. in IE )

Best of Luck in retriving ur password .

..::khin007::.

indian_blues said:
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH YAHOO???? my password is been hacked for the 3rd time in a month or so. yestarday in matter of minutes my password was changed after i set a new password. Thank god "Forgot password" is helping a lot. can anyone explain me how this things happen....my friend yahoo pwd is too been changed at the same time when mine was changed :mad:. Im getting mail to my alternate email id that my password is been changed. So how this things happen? What is the use of hacking my id? who does this? :confused:Im the only victim of this hacking??? Ive using the id for 5 or 6 years and i dont want to loose it. :(

thanks

Third Eye

gooby pls
I have lost my 3 yahoo id's.I use gmail,it rocks and the good thing is it never deactivate like yahoo,hotmail.

Last edited:
OP
indian_blues

indian_blues

Broken In
@khin: thanks for ur views and advices, as i said i got new password using "forgot password". i suspect somekind of KL or spyware doing the nasty stuffs..better i will stop downloading attachments. thanks a lot yar.

Raaza

Journeyman
I heard that there's some utilities to recover lost or forgotten passwords of mail ID's.
is it true?
can anyone give me a clue?

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
no there is no such method to recover passwds..

the best way is to use a alphanumeric passwords with smalls and capital letters and some specials. and pls do that on a PC u know does not have keyloggers.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
well i dont know any scannerthat can remove/detect all keyloggers so...

there is a better way.. use a live linux CD to change the passwd of ur mail account. there is no chance of it getting picked up then....

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
bYahoo passes could be hacked by using Phishing/Social Engineering methods alone. So...

do you get fooled again and again ?

Best said.

Change your password by yourself -- To something you weren't using before. Change the

security question. Then see if anything happens.

thanks friends for ur replys. please tell how do I change my secret question and answer in

yahoo?

Unfortunately Security question cant be changed once set. Well, not exactly though. If you

have the answer to secuirty question + a credit card, you can call yahoo and have it

changed.

Well, not really but you can contact Yahoo over phone maybe?

Yups, but they need the exact account information DOb/pin code/ etc etc when the account was

created.

That's why Yahoo Mail Sucks,it hacks easily. GMAIL ROCKS !

Hmm u mean to say gmail cant b owned or so?? If my pc is keylogged no matter what I use, it

will b owned u see.. damn these keyloggers.

I heard that there's some utilities to recover lost or forgotten passwords of mail ID's.
is it true? can anyone give me a clue?

Can I get the mail box back?is there any way to do?

Google is the best bet.

there is a better way.. use a live linux CD to change the passwd of ur mail account.

there is no chance of it getting picked up then....

The best!!!! login to linux change it and make sure we never login to that keylogged pc :(

Answer: sure you can have the mail back, google for how to.

champ_rock

champ_rock
i think that you should use a different password for yahoo and other purposes.dont egister on any tom, dick and harry website with your only yahoo password.. that is liking giving them the password and inviting them to enter ur yahoo id..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom