yahoo messenger problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxisayshi

Broken In
hey guys i m not able to bypass http proxy server even though i have http tunnel software .i dont know how to configure it . plx show me the way.

crashuniverse

In the zone
u have the proxy server ip address and port no. handy then just put it in under messenger>preferences and u r done!

u dont need any other third party software for running Y!

ferrarif50

Journeyman
Go to Messenger > Preferences

Go to Connection

Select Firewall with no proxies

Apply > OK and Sign in again

No third party tool or proxy settings required!

Hope this helps you!

OP
R

roxisayshi

Broken In
hi ferrarif50
i tried ur technique. but still since i m behind a firewall i m not able to connect thru yahoo mess.
i also have my ip address n port no.
plz help its becoming urgent day by day

techiways

Broken In
Try using an socks proxy.

Go to www.samair.ru/proxy and select any of the working socks proxy.

In yahoo messenger's prefs, select the socks option and paste the proxy ip and its port number. Once done restart the messenger and try it.

Make sure to test the sock proxy by doing a ping test. Select a socks proxy which has a latency of less than 250 ms. That website has a lot of socks proxies of india itself so you shouldnt have any problem finding one.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
thats not gonna work. If hes behind a corp firewall then mostly port 80 is the only thing thats gonna be open. In that case getting an anonymous socks proxy is ruled out.

This is actually quite a simple process to get yahoo working I have no idea why people find it so difficult Anyways here it is:

Assume that there are two machines:

machine1 - IP address is 192.168.0.1
machine2 - IP address is 192.168.0.2

Install yahoo messenger on machine1. Install a tunneling client (your-freedom.net) on machine2. All tunneling clients run socks servers on port 1080.

Once yahoo messenger is installed on machine1. Goto preferences in yahoo. In the connection tab there will be "use proxies". Select socks proxy and then put in the Ip of machine2 which is "192.168.0.2". Put 1080 as the port and select socks4 as the protocol to use. make sure the tunneling server is running on machine2. Now connect yahoo messenger and it will work.

Note: Do not install a tunneling client and yahoo messenger on the same machine. It will not work. Yahoo messenger has implemented some security measures which prevents it from connecting to local machine.

OP
R

roxisayshi

Broken In
problem remains unsolved.
hi ice coolz
while i m trying to point my yahoo mess to another machine , tunnel diagnostic tools on another machine shows the message "unauthorised user is attempting to use your client:172.16.8.48" where 172.16.8.48 is the ip of my machine . on my machine yahoo mesenger displays the message that yahoo messenger can't connect.
i have done same as u told me still .........
plz show me d way/

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
which tunneling client are you using ? All of them have an option which will enable others to connect to the tunneler. For example your-freedom has an option called "Relay for others" which when checked will allow others to connect to the software. Please check if such option or something similar exists. Also let us know which tunneling software you are using.

OP
R

roxisayshi

Broken In
hey i have "http tunnel ng" named software.but i m going to download which u have preffered.lets see what happens .
by d way thax for support. i'll inform u what happens next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom