Yahoo messenger attacked by virus :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

h_kunte

Journeyman
Hello all..

While chatting on yahoo messenger a few days ago, I clicked on some unsolicited link. And now my id has been attacked. Each time I log-in, random messages with links (for eg., from koolbaby) in them are sent to all the contact on my friend list.

Could anyone suggest a way to get rid of this problem? I was reading through a few web pages to know more about the problem & learnt that the yahoo ids which have been hit by the virus are de-activated...Is that true???

I am attaching a hijack-this logfile generated on my PC. Do let me know where exactly the problem is & possible solutions for the same.

Looking for replies...

-> HK.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
1st of all Turn off the System Restore... !!

2nd Update the Kaspersky AVS and make sure you have a proper licance key !! if the key is expaired then keeping Kaspersky installed is no good... !! I suspect that KIS key is either been uninstalled or it has expaired.. as this is the 1st log i am seeing which is heavily currupted inspite of having Kaspersky running !!!

Therefore install a valid key, update the Kaspersky, and run a scan, it should solve the issue...

anyway, if u cant then,

Delete the file, svchost.exe under C:\WINDOWS\system\ !! any svchost apart from system32 folder is a risk, and possible virus...

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Task Manager] C:\WINDOWS\system\svchost.exe

Possible viruns W32.Cone.D

Follow the instruction and download the Tool to remove it....

Delete this file, C:\WINDOWS\IE.exe possible adware... try to install Spybot to scan and remove these...

fix this entry O7 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1 to enable the registry editor.. !!

:)

once agian.. update the KAV and install a valid key for kav, it should take care of every thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom