xperia p vs samsung mini s3

Anubhavm

Right off the assembly line
i had thought to buy xperia p around diwali but now confused with samsung minis3 should i wait for mini a little more ??
suggest some options for xperia p !!

Aerrow

Journeyman
i had thought to buy xperia p around diwali but now confused with samsung minis3 should i wait for mini a little more ??

Get P.... it's a really nice phone. Few of my friends have it. Heard no complaint from anyone.

ajaymailed

In the zone
you should be able to get HTC One S or Galaxy S2 for around 25K, approx 10 to 15% more than Xperia P. With S2 you can be pretty sure that you didnt settle for anything less than best at that price range. Sensation XE with 1.5 Ghz Dual Core Soc is also good option, which is bit cheaper than S2.

Last edited:
OP
A

Anubhavm

you should be able to get HTC One S or Galaxy S2 for around 25K, approx 10 to 15% more than Xperia P. With S2 you can be pretty sure that you didnt settle for anything less than best at that price range. Sensation XE with 1.5 Ghz Dual Core Soc is also good option, which is bit cheaper than S2.

already over budget !! thought of 20k den raised to 22k cant go further !!!:-(

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
i would pick an s3 mini inspite on many people complaining.
first of all jelly bean.
second of all the amoled screen.those screens are real beautiful.and powersavers too.
and third i believe and have seen samsung devices having more developer support than others.

Aerrow

Journeyman
first of all jelly bean.
second of all the amoled screen.those screens are real beautiful.and powersavers too.
and third i believe and have seen samsung devices having more developer support than others.

True abt dev support. Using s3 and there is support for pretty much every thing u can think of and countless number of custom roms.

@op

U into all that?

OP
A

Anubhavm

do u think s2 price will fall further till diwali still month to go !!
s2 is interesting me now !! :)

ajaymailed

In the zone
first of all jelly bean.
Then Galaxy S Advance would also hold good, as it is upgradable to JB.

Sony Xperia P battery life gets tested, 1305mAh found lacking by WhiteMagic screen - GSMArena Blog
something i found, if Xperia P has indeed poor battery life, it can be a deal breaker. 1305 mAH is not really good for 4 Inch Dual Core Powered 8 MP Phone. After using S2 for some time, i can say battery life becomes one of the most important factors for choosing Android Phone. I still couldnt help but wonder why custom made large sized batteries arent selling like hot cakes to replace the low capacity stock batteries.

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
if s2 falls within your budget by diwali, get it.Period.
Else the S Advance is awesome.killer looks.way better than s3 mini.
and yes if battery life is critical.
because however power efficient its internals be,1305 is way less for a 1ghz dual core,4 inch screen biggie.
even a few budget phones have a higher capacity.

ajaymailed

In the zone
i dunno why do manufacturers do such a thing, try to squeeze a smaller capacity battery into high end phone despite being aware of Battery performance in Android phones. Still couldn't understand why dual core powered Xperia U had just 4 GB of memory. Would it be so costly for them to have a battery with decent capacity or provide optional slot for SD Card.

Aerrow

Journeyman
i dunno why do manufacturers do such a thing, try to squeeze a smaller capacity battery into high end phone despite being aware of Battery performance in Android phones. Still couldn't understand why dual core powered Xperia U had just 4 GB of memory. Would it be so costly for them to have a battery with decent capacity or provide optional slot for SD Card.

Sony is notorious for low cap batteries. Android is just the cherry on the icing. New models have better battery cap though. Tx is a good example.

maninder4k

Broken In
Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini will be better because It's configuration & features are good with latest Android version. And also It's resale value will be more :p One more reason is that Samsung UI is better than Sony's UI.

perplexed

Journeyman
first of all jelly bean.

Even S2 is getting Jelly bean by november.. JB imo should not even be a determining factor. Xperia P will also get JB by say jan end. And what is most apathetic on samsung's part towards their customers is, they have rolled out a fail product in the form of S3 mini just to ride the S3 wave one more time.. In the name of "mini" they have made a highly underpowered system worth nothing !!

Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini will be better because It's configuration & features are good with latest Android version. And also It's resale value will be more :p One more reason is that Samsung UI is better than Sony's UI.

huhwat ? Samsung's UI is totally downright infront of Sony's UI.

Top Bottom