Xperia L/SP thread

OP
theserpent

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Is there a new update for Xperia L??

Yes :)
Phone performance,camera quality,esp front camera :) has imroved,ram has increased by 5-10 mb

You need to connect your phone to the PC for that

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/175104-sony-xperia-l-review.html#post1987806

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Yes :)
Phone performance,camera quality,esp front camera :) has imroved,ram has increased by 5-10 mb

You need to connect your phone to the PC for that

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/175104-sony-xperia-l-review.html#post1987806

Has touch screen performance improved? My 30 month old budged phone LG Optimus One has better touch screen response than the new Xperia L.

ashs1

Padawan
Update Downloaded & installed..apparently, my phone has a total of 210 apps !!! :O
I guess thats including even the stock apps of android :p

the new small apps is a cool feature !!.

Front camera performance has been improved by leaps !!!

Phone seemed slow for some time after update, but its back to its usual blazing speed !

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
xda lists these changes.

"
Changes:
Front camera bug fixed
Back camera bug fixed (Recording in low light rooms fixed)
Added Small Apps
Led light flashes diffrently (No white color for every app)
Battery use is more effiecient
Fixed Storage Problem
Battery bug fixed
MyXperia added
"

What is the "storage problem/bug that they are referring to?

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Has touch screen performance improved? My 30 month old budged phone LG Optimus One has better touch screen response than the new Xperia L.

yeah, my old LG P690 [ Optimus Net] Also having good touch response even after 1.5 year.

ashs1

Padawan
Regarding storage problem :

Xperia L wasn't supporting class 10 memory cards earlier..but after this update, a lot of users have posted that class 10 memory cards are now compatible !

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Update Downloaded & installed..apparently, my phone has a total of 210 apps !!! :O
I guess thats including even the stock apps of android :p

the new small apps is a cool feature !!.

Front camera performance has been improved by leaps !!!

Phone seemed slow for some time after update, but its back to its usual blazing speed !

what was the size of the update and how much time did it take to update?

Edit: Got my answer for the first one from Sony xperia '13 thread.

john117

Broken In
I updated my Xperia L to 2.17 yesterday,and today,about a few hours ago,my phone lost all signal.

How it happened was weird though-
I first noticed this when i tried to make a call and it wouldn't go through.At that time,the signal bars were full.
Then,i tried to send a text message.Same issue-not delivered,with the signal bars still full.
I thought it could be network issue and put the phone into airplane mode and out of,about 3-4 times.still the signal bars are full,but no call/message was going through.
Fed up,i rebooted the phone twice.Same status!signal meter is showing full,but no calls/messages going through.
Then,after 5 minutes,the signal meter showed no signal-emergency calls only.

then,about half an hour,network came back up and i was able to use the phone as usual.

It couldnt be a provider issue as another phone with the same provider sim worked fine.I also had plenty of talk-time left so,its not an issue of that either.plus,i was in direct line of sight of multiple towers.

for some background-the sim is about 4 years old.plus,to get 3g working on my phone,i had to play with the settings a bit and it could only be activated after my service provider did some hocus-pocus.since then,i got fed up with their ridiculous prices and shifted back to 2g.
The same sim was in use in a hardy nokia1100 and then a Nokia 6020 till a month back,when i got the XL.and never have i faced such an issue before.

Is it a phone issue?I checkedView attachment 11741the battery usage-it shows the network issue in red.

Initially,i neglected this in the battery page-this is not the first time the battery page shows network was dropped.it has happened multiple times before,only-this time,i saw it happen live when i was using the phone.so,its not a sudden issue and has been there for a bit of a while.but its not for a long duration.short periods of signal loss and its back up again.

Another fault i noticed sometimes-when i receive a call-it drops off and i have to dial them back.
However,if i were to make the call,it works just fine.happens very rarely though.

so,do i change the sim or go to the service center?is it a radio/antenna issue?

john117

Broken In
Is your network airtel? I've had similar issues randomly irrespective of my phone.
Yes it is airtel.I forgot to mention that.

It happened again early in the morning today-as shown by a red line in the battery page.

Another thing i forgot to mention-While the network was lost yesterday,i tried to call my xperia L from a coin booth.and it said-"this number does not exist!":wwe: .So,it is a sim/provider issue?

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Update my SXL today..took 4 hours for it to update but at the end very satisfied with the update...camera front has improved a lot...will use it for a while to check for bug fixes..phone is a little bit more smoother than before..a marginal increase in ram is evident...Will see if my battery percentage bug is fixed...sometimes the percentage of battery shown in the home screen used to disappear..hopefully this is fixed

Another thing i forgot to mention-While the network was lost yesterday,i tried to call my xperia L from a coin booth.and it said-"this number does not exist!":wwe: .So,it is a sim/provider issue?

Yeah looks like it..check it out with airtel..they may have had some problem on their end

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
i read that the usb cable is also the power cord of the charger for XL. Is it true?

I mean does sony makes seperate chargers incase the usb wire is lost/breaks?

Top Bottom