xp/win 7 on usb

akash22

Journeyman
I want to know how can i install win xp/7 on my usb drive in case i want to use usb drive as a hard disk temporarily!!! because when i tried to install win 7 on 16gb cruzer it said i need signed drivers for the pen drive.!!!!please help fast coz my seagate hard disk is gone for repair in service center. and i can't wait to play wow!!!!

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Not possible as far as I know. Windows 8 To Go is speculated to be this feature, but nothing as such.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I want to know how can i install win xp/7 on my usb drive in case i want to use usb drive as a hard disk temporarily!!! because when i tried to install win 7 on 16gb cruzer it said i need signed drivers for the pen drive.!!!!please help fast coz my seagate hard disk is gone for repair in service center. and i can't wait to play wow!!!!

u can install XP on pendrive..but only for troubleshooting.. u can't play games on it...:mrgreen:

use BartPE for doing the same...

OP
akash22

akash22

Journeyman
i tried to install xp on pendrive and it went smooth till the 2nd boot. after 2nd boot blue screen appeared saying that ur hardware was saved from damage and blah blah..........!
but after that i tried to make a live xp cd using bartpe. but after inserting in my pc i found no audio. please help me to find a plugin for audio. and can i surf net using live cd. if yes then please tell me how.i have a lan internet so just need to install lan drivers from my mobo cd . but it will ask to restart after installing that's where am going to face problem. so please help regarding audio and net connectivity in live cd!!!!!

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Yes, you can browse net from live CD.

Try these

How to install XP from USB - MSFN Forum

[YOUTUBE]w8A1VGlxMOs[/YOUTUBE]

For drivers

How to get free drivers for Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2003, 2000 and more

It will be better to reinstall XP if it doesn't install properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
akash22

akash22

Journeyman
now m thinking to make win 7 64-bt live cd with audio and lan drivers and if possible thn wth video drivers too. thanks for ur reply. m going to chk out ur links. can i configure my live dvd wth my mobo drivers and video card drivers???? coz i have drivers in my cd so tell me how to put them in live dvd using bartpe!!!

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Don't know if it is possible. Live CD is a temporary enviornment and will need necessary drivers. The only Windows Live CD I came across is Wondershare Live Boot 2012. Otherwise I use Knoppix (Linux) Live CD. Once you take Live CD out, every change you made on envoronment is lost but if you download any file on HDD, they remains.

You can also use Ubuntu CD as Live CD but remember it is a temporary solution not a permanent one.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
i also doubt if it is possible.
anyways, try this
How to Create Windows 7 Live CD/DVD/USB - Instant Fundas

clmlbx

Technomancer
I am using Xp live cd from years..I only use it to take Backup when my Windows crash unexpectedly..

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Try "mini-XP" from Hiren BootCD, but its for only troubleshooting purposes. And IDK if you'll be able to surf net there.

clmlbx

Technomancer
^^ you can easily surf web .. I surfed many times. when I could not find why my window crashed or say how to solve it .. so use live cd to connect to internet and search for all solutions.